1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran's Blog: Rockets should lose to the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shaggylambda, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

So, by Fran's logic, in 1995, we should have dropped Game 5 and Game 6 to the Magic. Just to make Game 7 (on the road, no less) more "fun."

Good thinking.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

While I agree that if the Rockets lost tonight game 82 could be one of or maybe even the greatest regular season Rockets game in years, what are they going to do? Throw the game tonight? Hell no. No, they've got to play to win. And despite the possibilities of game 82, I hope to god they clench tonight. I'll be thrilled to see us secure homecourt no matter how we do it. Hell, I don't care if the Suns uncover a rule that allows them to substitute their regular roster with a special olympics team tonight, I'll still be praying for blood when Deke throws his elbows around and celebrating after the win!

#62 Williamson, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And yes, I really did edit that just to say that I'd root for Deke to mercilessly elbow the handicapped in pursuit of victory tonight. I'm that sick.

4. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Frankly, I'm nervous. I'm worried we're taking the Suns lightly--precisely because we know they'll be coasting--and that we'll lose to the Suns.

If we lose to the Suns, and if the Jazz win tonight (likely), then all of the sudden our burst of confidence is gone, the Jazz have the momentum, and we'll be the underdogs again.

I sorely hope I'm wrong. But I don't feel good.