1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francisco Garcia: Likely the most important player acquired for the purposes of this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Feb 21, 2013.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought he looked horrible last night

2. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

I love watching him on the bench. I think he contributes a lot more to the team than just what he shows on the floor. I think he was a great pickup for this young team. Very glad he's here.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

He is terrible but came through with the 3's

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

a win is a win.... he is here for this season

5. VanityHalfBlack

Where can I buy a Garcia jersey?

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"You don't accept in win what you wouldn't accept in a loss"
    My Favorite JVG line - though it may have come from his dad.

7. dantian

dantian Member

Garcia is solid vet player with a streaky 3pt shot.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Garcia is the only player of value we acquired.

9. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

I'd rather he not.

10. joepu

joepu Member

He's shooting 42% from 3, well above his career averages. only question is if its just a hot streak or effect of rockets system and the guards getting the ball to him in the right spots.

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

He was a briliant acqusition. He is an able to play effective the SG and Sf. Delfino was wearing down but Garcia is helping out. chandler and Delfino have been needing the rest. Even Harden has been needing rest.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I hate Garcia's form. It screams "I'm gonna miss when it counts!"

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Batum is underpaid. Not by my standards, NBA performance ones. I don't like to win because other teams' guys are out, but...

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

might want to replace the skin on that drum cause it's getting worn out and it's definitely out of tune with reality.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Garcia is the better pull up shooter. I've noticed del3no needs more time , as opposed to Garcia who pulls up super insanely fast and drills it if he's on. Usually a good indicator of how he will shoot for the rest of the night too.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Garcia is obviously a better player than Robinson at this point. But that isn't saying much. Heck, only Ohlbrecht is worse than Robinson on our roster, if you don't count Royce White.

17. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Garcia's best contributes ate what he does off the court. He tells the young guys what they need to hear and works hard in practice to back it up, doesn't complain when he gets no playing time. I like that he and Robinson will cheer on their teammates even when they're getting no minutes. We needed some sort of locker room prescense that we lost when Scola left, and Garcia provides that.

These Sacramento guys are good for this team, and that trade opened up a floodgate of talented 4's hungry for mintues now that they know the position is up for grabs.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I expect Garcia will get more minutes as the playoffs approach and in the postseason, as he is a veteran, like Delfino.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Garcia will always get some minutes due to his consistent play. He doesn't play and be something that he can't be. Basically, he's just a spot up shooter (a very good one), smart great defender and smart w/ shot selection. He doesn't do anything wild and crazy and that's what the coach look for and he will get minutes.

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Garcia deserves a role in our rotation because he fits in our offensive system so well. You have a 3 on 2 fast break with Lin, Harden and Garcia. While Lin and Harden go to the basket, Garcia runs to the corner for and open 3 and will usually knock it down. He is truly a great fit.