1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francisco Garcia is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

His 3PT has climbed to 37%... and leads the team!!

Props to Garcia, but we need to do better.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Casspi, Hamilton, or Garcia couldn't stand out from the crowd take the back up wing spot. So mchale is going to go with the VET Garcia in the playoffs, which is a great decision.

3. Philip_Pines

Philip_Pines Member

Don't forget the DEATH STARE

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I can't wait to see Garcia give Durant the "death stare" in the playoffs.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I really hope he is back. Not just for games against the Thunder, but for the playoff stretch and run. If he can bring some defense and shooting, our bench will do alright.

Hopefully he is just getting revved up for playoff season ala Robert Horry for the Spurs. Someone who doesn't play too much in the regular season but sees valuable time in the playoffs. McHale doesn't trust either Dmo or Jones in the last few minutes of a close game so if either Hamilton or Garcia will have to step in so we can play small.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he shoots better and keeps up his defense, it will be a really big plus point for us.

7. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Garcia and Lin with the asian stance

[​IMG]

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Garcia is such a professional, i don't see him struggle that long...so if anything, it's because McFail doesn't want to give him more time to play.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Garcia isnt old but I believe he is the oldest player on the team -resting him until the second half of the season was a good move on McHale's part. It gave chances to the other guys like Casspi and Hamilton - I do believe that the Rockets were hoping for a bit more from Casspi as a stretch PF - but with DMo picking up his level of play Casspi was sort of regulated to the bench.

Hamilton came in and played well - and probably could be the best of the 3 when it comes to athleticism and talent but you can tell he is still sort of trying to feel his way and what his role is. He has the ability to attack the rim in a while neither Casspi or Garcia can but hasnt fit in as well as he should so the end result is that he either does too much or doesnt do enough. I am sure a offseason and training camp will help Hamilton immensely and would look to him being the main wing player off the bench next year.

Garcia knows his role and what he has to do -- nothing fancy just some dirty work and help space the floor. He is a pretty smart player so that helps and doesnt go out of his world that often -- this of course comes from being a veteran - early in his career he was more out of control on the Kings team but he has really settled down into what works for him on this team. That is a result of learning and experience. If Garcia can just be consistent with that 3 ball then the team will do well. His ability to help stretch the floor will be key and his defense isn't the best but for the 20-25 minutes out there he puts in a lot of effort on defense which is the most important thing.

McHale probably knew this and was smart for not wearing Garcia out early in the season and giving others a chance to see how they would work. Bringing Garcia back in these last 15 games or so was great also to get him back in actual game shape and ready

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

doesn't he always drill bombs against the thunder? Glad he got PT yesterday.

11. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Although he wasn't really bringing it most of the season, his timing to up the intensity close to playoff time is more than appreciated for situations like guarding KD

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It isn't one game, since January 11 he is shooting 51% :eek: 18/35

The 3 man wing competition is over IMO, Garcia is hitting shots now. Even when Bev comes back Garcia needs to stay in the rotation. Him and Bev give us a lot of attitude.

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Very true. Every contender needs one of them. As much as I hate dfish, I know he'll help the thunders come playoff time

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Im Asian and never done that in my life. Nor have I seen many other than certain Chinese ethnicities do that. It's a specific religion thing.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Francisco needs to start in the PlayOffs against an all star 3 and have Parsons come off the bench.

16. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Shame on all of you for sleepin' on Garcia. Forgetting what he did in the playoffs. He's a genuine 3&D player - exactly what we need. My question is - if he plays great D on the best scorer in the game, why can't he be trusted to play D against anyone else? Been asking that for a while with no answers.

Hamilton sucks - been saying that for a long time. BTW, the dude should NEVER shoot off the dribble - guaranteed CLANK!

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

We signed Garcia back specifically to go up against OKC in the playoffs. He will produce when he is needed.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I think Hamilton is still a better option at this point but the combination of Parsons/Garcia definitely gives Durant issues (without Westbrook). We'll need both Beverley/Howard back to do any damage against the higher ranked teams.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

until hamilton long range shooting improves, I would rather Garcia get more extended minutes than him against the thunder.,

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Garcia was absolutely our best defender on Durant during lasts years playoffs. If he can regain/shoot even remotely well then he absolutely deserves to be in the rotation.