1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francisco Garcia is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Mar 11, 2014.

1. jocar

jocar Member

He is scheduled to return as savior in 2 weeks.

List has gone full circle, so it's Garcia's turn again.

-->Garcia
    <s>Casspi</s>
    <s>Jones</s>
    <s>DMo</s>
    <s>Hamilton</s>
    <s>Lin</s>--->

2. The Jabberwock

Develop?
    Young?
    The guy's 33 ffs... :)

He's not a kid that needs confidence-building, like DMo or TJ. He's an experienced professional.
    He would get in the game whenever he's asked to and immediately produce the best he can.
    The same goes for Casspi, even though he's a lot younger.

These 2 are certainly not stars but they are hard-working contributors.
    They would fill-in the gaps and give you what you need in a given night - usually without forcing it.

Prsonally I think we should use them more. I believe that come playoffs - We will.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Nah, Garcia is just the Durant stopper.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Mchale likes to give the new guys PT to see how they fit in our system. And then he will integrate the other guys like Garcia and Casspi.

Hopefully we can rest Harden and Parsons when we play the weaker teams. And maybe even Dwight. Time to start preparing for playoffs is drawing closer.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, wow that was quick one loss and Hamilton is the bad guy now, typical.

6. try

try Member

The Rockets' version of Mike Miller?

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Never understood why he was benched, last game he played against lakers dude looked good from 3 hen he was benched after that, he's been shooting almost 50% from 3 since back from his injury.

I never bought into that j.ham hype told guys it was too early we were going more crazy over casspi in beginning if season. I would play Garcia and casspi test them out see if their 3 ball is falling. Casspi hustles and cuts we need this also but he has to know his limits on playing team ball and not going one on one

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure one big reason for Morey to trade for Hamilton was because Garcia was not getting the job done.

I hope Garcia can contribute in the playoffs. Hamilton seems to be very inconsistent.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This is the hard thing about being a coach. You never know how someone is going to play until they actually play. And if they play poorly, all the fans say we should have played some other guy. So much easier being a fan.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Garcia is not young...

11. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Yea... in no way, shape or form is garcia "young". He's a pro, and understands the game within the game. Kinda like horry did in his later years - garcia will come to play come playoff time... At least that is my hope (not saying he's on horry's level, but last year we saw how he could really step up his game in the playoffs). I think Mchale understands this...

12. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Sense of humor be missing from this forum.

13. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Did you not read the post or watch Hamilton play lately? Its not about one loss or win, Hamilton has been very inconsistent. He had a good first impression but since then has looked like crap out there for the most part. Hope he can get it together and start hitting his shot again, but if he doesn't then Garcia needs to be given most of his minutes.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hamilton has been more than serviceable defensively, even when his shot isn't falling (IMO).

15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Probably wasn't your funniest joke, DM, but I'm gonna have to back you up on this one...

16. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Ride the hot shooting hand I say. Garcia is currently shooting well, ride him till he has a poor game and then go back to Hamilton.

3 games in a row with fresh legs, then rotate.

I know this is a bad idea regarding continuity but it seems that these guys are only hot for a short while.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Love his defense.

18. N/A

N/A Member

was surprised he hit those 3's when he hasn't played in how many games now? He should just play in every OKC game. Parsons can't guard Durant at all.

19. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

he played well enough against okc such that mchale will go to him immediately if hamilton falters . . . but only if he can keep up his energy an d attitude!

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Showing signs of returning from the dead...

[​IMG]