1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Francis wants out of Houston - Fonde' Rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, May 20, 2003.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

THEN EXPECT TO DIE.

2. Yetti

Indeed it was strange but I dont see the relevance! One was a suggestion about a proposed Trade For Gartnet, the second was behind closed doors information about Steve Francis and his thinking.Cant see any connection, what do you see Windandsea?

#82 Yetti, May 21, 2003
    Last edited: May 21, 2003
  3. Yetti

Rocket BwC:- Your interests are Deer Hunting and Golfing ******NOT Basketball. You dont realise what you just proposed! Rasheed Wallace would be the WRONG person (bad) to have on a Rudy T Rockets. The Fans wouldn't stand for his antics.

4. Sane

Sane Member

Sometimes, I wish the Rockets would trade Yao Ming so that Yetti would stop his cinspiracy theory antics.

5. Yetti

After you made this statement I thaught I would give you some additional information about Rocket Fans that like Yao Ming.
    They dont want Francis to pass the ball to Yao Ming every time. They do want Francis to do the job he is being paid to do ie:- Point Guard. They want him to be a playmaker and pass first shoot second type of PG. They want him to believe that the Team is moving towards a Big Mans Game, especially if Yao Ming is able to adapt to the NBA style of play.They want him to still be the leader and be content with the fact that he might only be the second best player on the Rockets in the future. If he can accept these changes and play defence then Yao Ming Fans will be YaoMing/Francis Fans.

6. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

Sane,

Amen brother!

7. robreid9

robreid9 Member

sydmill that's the problem. its the cat and steve show
    let's see if my math is right :

cat
    + steve
    + 4 str8 years
    ------------------
    = no post season:confused:

That bulls h i t;)

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I pretty much agree with all of this with two exceptions:

1) I'm more of a 3 guy with a bit of 1 thrown in....unless it's obviously outlandish.
    2) I'm not surprised in the least. Steve is VERY gifted, AND he still has some growing up to do. For Steve to want something better is no big deal; most all of us do. The big deal is that he's ready to jump ship for the unknown and the fact that he let this info get out.

Still....this news is relatively mundane. Even if it shocks you. If someone was going to make something up, surely they'd come up with something a bit more exciting.

9. acizlan

acizlan Member

i am pissed by Yetti, just like many Rox fans on this page

10. acizlan

acizlan Member

Yetti, as a true rox fan. i hope u can shut the hell up and educate urself

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yetti, as a true rockets fan i hope you continue to speak the truth.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Man, being critical of Steve to some people here falls somewhere between criticizing Jesus and Hakeem—and he doesn’t have the resume of either.

The guy was just passing on what he heard. If you don’t like the message fine, but no reason to get ya’lls panties in a wad about it.

13. Band Geek Mobster

I am in total shock that this thread has actually made it to a 4th page...

14. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I just wish he would stop thinking about his stats! You don't have to know anything about basketball to know that the current Rockets team worries more about the box score than the standings!

15. SLA

SLA Member

Mobley worries more about his shots than Steve.

Steve...for a period of time....like STOPPED SHOOTING AND PASSED UP WIDE OPEN SHOTS. He had very few turnovers.....and quite a number of assists.

Francis should have scored at least 23 points per game.....but had some terrible games.........

:(

Now Mobley. He's always going to jack up shots no matter what. And when he's interviewed.....he will always mention some stat or something.....well Mobley's pretty intelligent.

Anyways.....what's wrong with Kenyon Martin? Why does he twitch or cluck or whatever when he talks? It's scary......I hate watching it...... :(

16. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

no doubt

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

I can't wait for the our new San Diego Rockets Uniforms

18. BigRay

BigRay Member

STEVE FRANCIS will not be traded and He DOES NOT want to be traded!!!!:D

19. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

He has a tick. It is painful to watch, but it's cool that he's still willing to do interviews and such. Did you catch him on TNT or something?

20. farhan007

farhan007 Member

but yall just dont get it... Francis's main talent is not even close to be a playmaker. Its freakin SCORING!!!! Thats why many want Francis to move to the 2. Thats where he will shine... AS A SCORER. Kobe and Shaq do it. Shaq still gets enough touches to avergae 27 points... still kobe has room to jack up 40 shot attemps. Sure yao should be one of our main options, but as of right now francis is the one to take the most shots.