1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis wants out of Houston - Fonde' Rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, May 20, 2003.

1. man532

man532 Member

I have been playing basketball at Fonde' for the past 2 months and talking to some of guys who play overseas and are tight with Francis, Nick (the smiling baby owl) Van Exel, and Cat. The word out is that Francis would like a trade to an eastcoast team (preferrably the Washington Wizards, who have nothing to offering except the first pick). The also mentioned how Francis stop have the headaches onced he signed his extension.

In addition, Francis does not like being 2nd fiddle to Yao. As a result, I would gladly give up Francis (Marbury the 2nd), Cat (turnover waiting to happen), Moochie (the smiling baby pimp), Terrence (I'm on the team because of Steve) and Cato (the bank robber) to Minnesota for Garnett and Troy Hudson

Francis agent strongly suggested that he sign the long term deal with Houston to secure his future financially and alleviate any potential Memphis Grizzly type static.

Also, from a guy in camp with the Rockets, Tierre Brown lit Moochie up everyday in camp, as a result, Moochie/Steve forced Tierre Brown out the door. He also explained how Tierre was giving Steve fits also.

Starting Lineup
    MoTaylor
    Garnett
    Yao
    Posey (yes, the 2 spot to shut down guards-Bruce Bowen type)
    Hudson

Bench
    Griffin
    Rice (When is his contract up)
    Neckbar (overdue for playing time)
    Jim Jackson (Sign as free agent)
    Tierre Brown (Get him back quick)

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Man532,

Are you Steve's "special friend"?

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

So you've been hanging with TroyBaros.

4. man532

man532 Member

No codell, I'm just giving you what was told to me.

5. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

LOL....you beat me too it....doooh!!:D

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I actually believe the part about Tierre lighting up Moochie and Steve. hell, if boykins can light us up, why not Tierre :p

7. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

Washington heh?!
    Do they still have the right to what his name ... MJ?
    Maybe we can get him? At 1 mil/ yr, we can pay him to sit on the bench next to Boki ... or in lieu of and have some change left over! :)

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I don't think Francis would like to play for a team that is going to be worse than the Rockets. Doesn't Francis want to win?

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I know it's just a rumor, but I'd love for the rox to start shopping around SF to get someone else to pair alongside Ming.

10. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

This is great!!!

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have always thought Tierre was better than Moochie. I complained about it to my friends and they just looked at me like I was crazy.

Trade Francis for Kidd.

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Are you suggesting that he was faking the migraine problem as an excuse to not play? If so, I find it very hard to believe that Steve would intentionally put forth a display as humiliating as he did in his first ever All-Star appearance just to back up a scam. You say Steve wants to go to an Eastern Conference team and then send him to Minnesota in your trade. Your story sounds like fabricated bullsh*t put together for the sole purpose of posting a Garnett trade idea.

13. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

I thought the same thing:eek:

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You are from WESTON FL. why were you playing at the Fonde Rec for 2 months?
    If any of this is the truth then I know that I have been RIGHT all along about Steve Francis and the petty jealousy over Yao Ming. Also I will be proved right that the Team was playing two different games within a game. Rudy T moving the Game to incorporate a developing Center with a view to playing the Big Mans Game. Steve Francis and fellow Guards were playing selfish ball, ensuring them of decent stats but seemingly presenting an effort to help Yao Ming develop, when pressured to do so.
    Incase any new reader thinks that this theme is new I want to let them know I have carried this torch for nearly a year

In reality I hope that there is no truth to anything that has been said as hearsay about what Steve Francis is thinking. Also I would ask if the poster was getting these messages before JORDAN GOT HIS WALKING PAPERS?

#14 Yetti, May 20, 2003
    Last edited: May 20, 2003
  15. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

Like roxbox said, TroyBarros anyone??? This is the same crap we were hearing all summer long until Clutch refuted it.:rolleyes:

16. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

I believe that Steve doesn't want to be a No.2 guy at the team. It's time for the front office and the coaching stadd to work. Pros have ego. All stars have huge ego. Rudy got find a way to play them together.

Bring in KG? you think KG wanna be No.2, even in one single night?

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Gosh, I didn't think this type of trade rumor would start until at least Thursday night after the draft order is determined!

Francis for Labron James and....
    Francis for Darko and ...
    Francis for Carmelo and ...

Give me a break. Francis knows he's in the catbird seat. If he were traded to a wasteland team like the Wiz, you can't even imagine the "Vancouver frown" he would be wearing.:rolleyes:

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Give me a break.

Rumors are Rumors, and unless you got it from Francis himself, this means nothing.

No one knows exactly what Steve is thinking except Steve himself.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If this is true, ship his crybaby ass to Utah, damn it!!

I'll take Razor-chin Kirilenko and the "Statutory Pimp" for him.

20. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Steve and Ming are good friends now. Did he donate $10,000 to Ming's SARS telethon? He will stay, period.