1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis: Sell high

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 9, 2004.

1. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

This is also the same guy who was leading the rockets to an 0-82 season, oh wait, he wasn't, why? because it didn't happen, he also wasn't leading the rockets out of the playoffs, why? because he led them right INTO the playoffs. But feel to keep making up random bull**** to justify your dislike for Steve.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Rocket "Fans": Sell Low.

3. bostonadam

bostonadam Member

I am sick and tired of all the trade steve talk, it makes me sick. I know he has not played well this season and had some off court decisions that were questionable. However, are yall out of your mind?
    I think his playoff performances proves how valuable he is becuase he is a straight up play maker. All I hear is Yao, Yao get the ball to Yao. Well getting the ball to Yao is hard when he never gets his ass in the box. Somebody please tell him to start dunking on people and maybe lifting some weights during the offseason should be hinted too.
    What the Rockets need is a prime time player to fit the 4 spot. Nobody crazy but a player like OT who was used to compliment Hakeem so well. A player who just cares about rebounding and playing amazing d.
    I like our team, and I think we are a few players away from being a top four team in the West. That will come within the next year or two!
    So everybody just relax, chillout and think about how this series really should be 3-1 rockets. I know "almost" only counts in hourse shoes, but think about adding quality players and not subtracting a playemaker like the Franchise.

4. Juugie

Juugie Member

His game against Denver to clinch the playoffs was better than any other Rocket had had in a month or two.

5. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

milos is a hater. go root for the lakers bro.

6. wallstwizzard

wallstwizzard Member

What if you do trade Francis for a Brand a guy who puts up numbers and looks great next to Yao, but not a proven leader and Yao doesn't live up to the challenge. Francis has proven so far to be a keeper, period.

Francis isnt a leader yet. If you are a leader, then you dont miss a team flight because you could go to the Super Bowl. Yao isnt a leader yet, yet he has more leadership qualities than Francis does. If Steve is going to be considered great, then he is going to have to step up his game next year. He turns the ball over too much and makes boneheaded plays too many times. Consider how many times Kobe has turned the ball over, and after having a bad game stepped up to help finish us off. Francis isnt close to that level yet, and the jury is still out on Yao.

7. dragonsnake

dragonsnake Contributing Member

Adeelsiddiqui, I strongly disagree. If you can get a top 5 player, you do what ever it takes (except Yao) to get him. Shaq and Kobe, Dream and Glade all prove us Center-2 Guards can won championship, why cann't current Rockets?

If trading Francis get us T-mac, then do it, if not add a strong PF and give them one more year watch how this group can do.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm not so sure that McGrady is a top-5 player anymore. His injuries, combined with his inability to lead the Magic to the playoffs in the piss-poor Eastern Conference. (it only took 36 wins to make it...pathetic) gives me some doubts. Could he turn out to be a repeat of Penny Hardaway?

9. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

A team built around TMac is going to be better than a team built around Yao. Yao has a WHOLE lot more to prove before he can be considered a McGrady-level franchise player...

Say what you want about the Magic this year, TMac had absolutely no help. He did last year.

10. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

What in the holy hell are you talking about??? Steve played at his highest level this season in the last month or so or of the season, and in some very important games. He's not only the reason we're competing in the playoffs, he's the reason we're IN the playoffs. Yao, on the other hand, stepped way down when we needed him most at the end.

Look at a few stat sheets instead of just creating subjective images of Steve in your mind based off of that one game you saw that one day where Steve made that one REALLY bad pass, and then tried to go one on one that one time...

And if this is "our time" to "jock" Steve (the playoffs), when... won't be our time? I do believe this is the most important time of the year...

11. dragonsnake

dragonsnake Contributing Member

Samfisher, he may not be top 5 anymore, but he is definitely top 6-7 player in the league. Last time I check, he is still leading league in scoring and a all NBA second team. He is not a great leader and still need to mature, but I am sure JVG will get most out of him if we can get him.

12. fa7999

fa7999 Member

LOL. Sure we have been in the PO because of the steady play of SF in the regular season. I guess that every rationale Rockets fan will whole heartedly agree with you and those voters are so blind to put Yao on the third team all NBA and give SF3 only 1 vote.

13. fa7999

fa7999 Member

LOL. I don't think that the team would have won 45 games with the zone defense rules.

Anyway, the only way to prove your point is the take away Yao from the Rockets team and see how many games they can win.

let's also not forget the fact that the top teams in Western conference are getting much better within the last two years and the Rockets had to play the whole season without Eddie Griffin.

14. Juugie

Juugie Member

My point exactly.

If you can get a top five player for a player that probably isn't even top 25 you do it.