1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis (Memphis) buyout? Where to now.. DONE???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eggRoll, Jan 17, 2009.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2009.
  1. Somewhere else... "I NEED A RING"

85 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. GOOD TIMES GONE. DONE!

104 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Don't care! about time!

50 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. eggRoll

eggRoll Member

Francis buyout?

Griz general manager Chris Wallace said the team and veteran guard Steve Francis mutually agreed earlier this week to negotiate a contract buyout. Francis hasn't been with the team in more than a week and is in Houston with his family.

He occasionally practiced with the Griz. But he never traveled with the team or sat on the bench at home games.

"I'm not sure when it will happen, but we're working out (a buyout)," Wallace said. "With older guys, it's always a possibility that you'd head in this direction."

Francis, 31, is scheduled to earn $2.64 million this season, the final year of his contract.

http://commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jan/16/miles-plays-in-18m-game/?partner=RSS

2. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

LOL poor guy he just wants to play so lets sign him again for the vet min :p

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he would be better off just taking this season to further rehab and be
    with his fam.....

He can see how the knee feels after the season and really attempt a serious comeback in the summer. Most players never make it back from the type of surgery he had....

4. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Resign for the francis effect!

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If he did that it would portray him as a heartless player, who is stealing money off teams.

Francis needs to sign with the knicks and play hurt.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell?

Play hurt? He is hurt, His last surgery on his quadriceps probably ended his career...

He would be smart to rehab until next season when he can really
    make a push to get a legit roster spot...

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think Francis doesnt even know what the hell he's doing anymore. He said he wanted to go to a place where he could get more time. Then he doesnt practice when he gets there. And he said he wants to play 4-5 more years, and then is still too entrenched in Houston to not even travel with the team.

I thought I saw visibile fork marks in his back when I last saw him.

8. FFz

FFz Member

CBA FTW!

9. lalala902102001

Steve is done as an NBA player.

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

Welcome to China, Steve. lol. I think he could play there, and with even more fans than in Htown.

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Retirement sounds the best.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

hahaha BACK TO HOUSTON!

13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Steve still have lota fans in China. Get to CBA and kick some bozi ass.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

STEVE . . . .you are my Hero

Rocket River
    Too Entrenched in Houston . . . . .
    Taking money from other teams weakening them . . so the rockets can win!
    THAT IS A HOMETOWN HERO THERE
    *grin*

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I would agree but I think since Steve got his payday (Bonzi didn't), he's done. Now he can do whatever he wants - like attend the upcoming Super Bowl.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what a joke. how you can rake T-Mac over the coals in every thread and grin this off is beyond my comprehension.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

GM said francis was, "Too entrenched in Houston." "Hard for him to leave his hometown of Houston." Man, Stevie really loves Houston too much. So much that he hasn't been the same player since he was traded from here the first time.

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

the visible forks comment was classic. bravo!

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I really hope he could bounce back and fight like the old time.But it's just gone without trace,and I won't be able to witness the act from him.

He just put his heart and soul all in the period of time he spent with Cuttino Mobley and Yao and others in H-town.

Maybe,if he still wants to play,he could choose to come over to China and play in CBA,FTW,that's another whole new ball game down there.Look at the stats Bonzi puts up night in and night out,it's truly unbelievable.

With Smush Park there,it looks more and more competitive than ever in the short history of CBA. :D

CONTINUE PLAYING AND GET HEALTHY THEN COME BACK ON NBA LEVEL.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Steve is a worthless pile of cow dung. Hang it up, already. I knew watching the Memphis scoreboards for a Steve stat was an exercise in futility. If he's still hurt or recovering from injury, then why the hell is he talking about a chance to play on Memphis that he didn't have in Houston?

Easy money! Don't even have to play! Hey...I'm rehabbing...for life...with pay. Look at me!