1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis has to go for this team to win consistently

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 29, 2004.

1. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

anything Steve could have done? Like sticking with the team and showing up?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think this thread is right on the money now....Francis MUST GO...he is a cancer.

DD

3. sydmill

sydmill Member

I am done with this thread after this.

I just want to know if we can all agree on the following:

1- We haven't had a very good team since Dream/Barkley/Pippen, atleast not a team good enough to easily make the playoffs without some breaks.
    2-Steve Francis has been and continues to be the best player, statistically, that plays for the Rockets.
    3-It is almost impossible for a team in the western conference to win night in and night out without really good big men.
    4-Right now (as in TODAY) Yao is not ready, be it physically or mentally, to be the man every night.

All of this "it has been five years" stuff is ridiculous to me. Over the course of those five years there have been ATLEAST six teams in our confernce that have been better than us (LAL, SA, DAL, MIN, SAC,PORT). We have basically been having to play catch up while dealing with bad contracts given on kneejerk reactions to guys that didnt deserve them (Cato, Norris, Anderson/Rice, and a hurt Taylor) and having injuries to key players. Maybe trading Steve is what should and will happen, but it should be for whats going down this year, not in years where expectations were just too high. Personally, I think that we have our foundation in Steve and Yao (and to a lesser extent Cat and Taylor) it is the rest of the team that needs to be replaced.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I think that he would make an amazing shooting guard, although he would be undersized. But then there's Cat...

5. lived

lived Member

you know what will happen if Steve ever leaves..

he's going to kill us every time after that, and then we'll see posts about how Steve-bashers were all wrong...

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Since we are able to defend guys like Iverson and McGrady reasonable well, I don't think Steve will cause too many problems.

7. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

True. But it will wear off...and he'll go back to his old ways against other teams.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I don't want to start another Steve Francis bashing thread but I have to vent about this. I'm sick of Francis being such a Drama Queen.

Why is it that everytime Francis falls on the court he acts like he is out for the year. He sits there and rolls around on the ground like someone just hit him in the head with a baseball bat for a fall that really wasn't that bad. Example: Tonight he ran into the referee and they both fell to the floor. The referee got up and started officiating immediately while Francis laid there like he was really hurt. Now, you would think that a referee would take the longer time in getting up since he is not nearly as big or strong as Francis is. But no, that's not the case, and was Francis hurt? Of course not. This happens every game and now whenever he falls on the ground I just roll my eyes and laugh.

Francis stop crying wolf. You don't want to make Keith Jones an angry man.

9. DavidS

I think he likes the "silence" that it creates...center of attention.

10. pcheung

pcheung Member

He's been watching too many WNBA games. :D
    In general, I'm kidding but Coop and especially Tina Thompson would go down like soccer players.

11. DavidS

Well, the difference there was when Coop went down, so did our chances for our 5th ring.

12. pcheung

pcheung Member

True. A lot of great basketball years on her. She deserved the Houston Sports Legends honor.

Thompson is proudly upholding the 'touch me and I'll go down like a sack of potatoes' tradition, though.