1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis fans need to trust Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by caffreys_irish_ale, Nov 28, 2007.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The Nosebleeds > Lower Bowls..

Lower Bowl snobs are boring as hell, most of them probably don't even know who Francis is and probably can't name any other player than Tmac and Yao.

Nosebleeds 4 Life!

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Steve Campbell is the Rafer Alston of Sports writing.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Dear Mr. Campbell --

So true ... the fans are never right.

Sincerely,
    Rafer Alston

I don't know what it is about Chronicle writers that make them do this, but it's not the first time. I'd just email him at steve.campbell@chron.com if you're pissed. Intelligent responses will make him look bad... "FU RETTAARD" stuff will prove him right.

4. bjshot

bjshot Member

Because the word 'fans' means emotional, clueless, irrational, stupid......

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Damn, nicely said!

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Sooo...you just joined him in insulting fans. I'm a lower bowl member. Don't hate! :p

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

C'mon Clutch. You've seen some of the posts around here lately. You are asking too much there. I keeeed, I keeeed...kind of. *gasp*

8. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

You shouldn't think that just because some of would prefer more of Steve and less of Rafer that makes us anti-Rick Adelman fans. Actually I'm thrilled that Adelman is here and I'll make my final judgment on Rick after the playoffs. But it doesn't mean that we can't voice our opinons at the games or on these boards.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't think the opinions are what he's talking about. There are more than a few people who thought the "Fire Adelman (Yes I'm serious)" thread was a good one after we lost the sixth game in a row... only 13 games into the season.

10. caffreys_irish_ale

Good point!

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, this douche sounds pretty much like... well a douche. And a moron.

Adelman hasn't exactly done anything to earn our trust with this team just yet, and it's not like it's unheard of for a coach to hold out a more deserving player, for various reasons.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

One doesn't need a Byzantine counter argument to make Steve Campbell look ill-informed, although it does help destroy his fictionalizing of SF fans as lower-class drunks. (How offensive!). Solid's "I am thoroughly Jeffersonian" was a nice touch... ;)

Bait & Switch. He's trying to create this dichotomy and class war between upper and lower bowl fans so that we can ignore his bad journalism. That’s dividing the fandom. Not nice. Not kind. Like he said in his blog after beaten by a flurry of Have-At-You’s: “My job is to have an opinion. If I’m wrong about Steve Francis, I’ll be the first to admit it.” Fair enough, but after Steve Francis fans called him out on all his false focuses that had him oh so conclusive on Steve Francis, he shouldn’t resort to ridiculing them.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The articles comes off as obnoxious, but I think he has a point. Not that coaches are infallible, but we tend to underestimate the thought and preparation and experience that goes into their decision making. And I think we tend to overestimate our own basketball expertise.

But I don't have any problem with fans chanting "We Want Steve." It's better than them sitting quietly in their seats, or not even showing up to the games.

14. yobod

yobod Member

This is what kind of got to me about the article. It's one thing to say "Trust the coach, and let him do his job....we can assess his decisions after due time." But this guy didn't do that...he chose to insult every fan out there for questioning a guy who, let's face it, has a job where he's going to get questioned. That's like saying "Don't question the President....just blindly follow what he says, because he has the experience." Last time I checked, that's called a dictatorship. Plain and simple, a fan can question whoever he/she wants in an organization....especially a fan who has spent any kind of money on said organization. This guy deserves every ounce of criticism he gets for this.....I'm not a journalist, but something tells me that the first thing you learn in journalism school is don't alienate your readers....they are the reason you have a job.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so let me get this straight....

francis - deserves all the respect in the world
    adelman - deserves no respect whatsoever

gotcha.

16. caffreys_irish_ale

I hope that Steve Campbell reads your post yobod.

The Chron needs replaced Steve Campbell with Jason Friedman from the Houston Press.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

as usual you misread something. par for the course. my post is about a columnist insulting fans, maybe if you actually took time to read it before clicking reply you would have realized.

thanks for the apology in advance

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The funny part is that, the "WE WANT STEVE" chant started IN THE FREAKING LOWER BOWL vs. the Blazers. It started in the section behind the basket in the west end of the building. After reading that it started in the nosebleeds, I stopped reading, cause he just didn't get the facts straight. Moron... :rolleyes:

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks, encouragement is always appreciated.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

umm.. no.

fans - in general - are stupid. just as people - in general - are stupid. the same idiotic fans that wanted a fat and out of shape bonzi to play last year, wanted a 52 win (with no yao for 32 games) jvg to get fired, a horrible vspan with an atrocious "give up" attitude to play.... along the lines of a populace that elected a brain-dead president to consecutive terms, that entertain themselves with mind-numbing shows like "dance with the stars", 1/2 that cant find iraq on a map, etc. etc. etc.....

the truth hurts; hence the reason so many peons in this thread feel insulted.

it's cute, though.