1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis and Yao free throw shootout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mycatuity, Feb 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Francis is a 80% free throw shooter
    Yao is a 78.1% free throw shooter

What's the point?

3. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

Jay,

Whats your point?

Shrimpie

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps his point is that Francis and Yao had a free throw shootout, and Francis his 6 in a row and Yao Ming hit 32.

Just a guess.

5. JayZ750

Sadly, my point was to just throw out another random stat that had no point to back my question "What's your point?"

What's your point.

6. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

I am still wondering what my point was. I just hope the administrators won't ban us for pointless points :)

Shrimpie

7. JayZ750

Nah...that's a statement. A point reflects an opinion. It's more likely that there was no point, but just throwing out a fact. Which is cool. I was just wondering if there was anymore to it.

8. James23

James23 Member

the point is they are good free throw shooters, unlike jwill and shaq. yao is especially good not only because he's a big man but also his beautiful consistent stroke. every time the ball comes out of his hands you can sense it's going to go in the basket. so smooth. he's a better free throw shooter than francis; just look at the way their basketballs enter the hoop. yao's goes straight in at a higher ultitude hitting the back of the rim while francis' hits the rim and rattles in.

9. JayZ750

A ban wouldn't be wise in this case. What would be more effective would be a move to the Hangout, where we could discuss the point of pointless points.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Somewhere Calvin Murphy is laughing at both of their futility. :)

11. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Francis: 327-409 (80%)
    Yao Ming: 182-233 (78%)

12. James23

James23 Member

ok, let me rephrase. yao may not have a higher free throw percentage than francis has, but he does have a better stroke.

13. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

not really, Steve has a weird stroke. Don't know how he shoots like that. same for Yao with the way he holds it when he shoots.. weird.

14. James23

James23 Member

as long as his (weird?) stroke is CONSISTENTLY weird like reggie miller. that's fine.