1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Franchising Mario Wiliams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 45souf, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 45souf

45souf Member

Super Mario is a stand up dude...I was in the desert when he came to my base...I couldnt believe it...How he plays LB and that big is crazy.....however is plays out, i will always be a fan

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Get him for a reasonable amount, good move. Break the bank, bad move. The team can do well without him, but should try to get him, and they will. I predict somebody other than the Texans makes a ridiculous offer and he takes it. Kind of like, Vonta Leech.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

From @sethpayneNFL on Twitter:

4. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Of course Mario is going to say he loves Houston and wants to stay. If we are a few million off, of course he would choose us over the other squad. Ultimately, his agent is going to do his bidding for him, so Mario doesn't leave here with any ill will from Houston fans.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I think. I know it's typically lip service when an athlete talks about not being about only money but Mario really genuinely seems like the type of guy who would prefer to be comfortable and in a good environment over a little extra coin.

It's not like the texans will get Mario for pennies on the dollar...he's still going to get a huge deal.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

The pressure to perform is a big hurdle for Mario... Sure he was drafted No.1 over a local favorite and a overrated slotback, but the pressure to make our defense over the top great is something he will have to hear for some time.. If we aren't no.1 in overall defense next season, people will look at the Texans resigning him as a kind of unnecessary move... People, including most in the forum, will say "We didn't need him"... He has to do what's best for him.. I personally would move on to another contender, where he would recieve undeniable "super-action hero like support" aka Julius Peppers, and get top dollar value... But as a fan of his, I really hope he stays because I think he will make our defense ,ridiculously good, over the next 5 years.......

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fwiw, he dates one of the Texans cheerleaders. At least, he used to.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Dang man, that guy sure is a boss.:grin:

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw him at Cafe Express on Voss about a year ago. He was with a gorgeous young lady. But she was wearing business attire, not a skirt... no pom-poms.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

then i'm guessing she got kicked from the texans cheerleader squad, because they prohibit any social contact with the players.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that you're right bc she was a cheerleader the season before last.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Was good friends with a Texans cheerleader...she told us once that they were told to steer clear from players big time. Like if you're out at a bar, and a player walks in, you should leave.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if we did resign Mario, whose spot would he take from the unit that started at the end of last season?

14. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

3 man rotation reed, williams, barwin will keep them fresher

15. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

No breathers for Mario if he signs for big money!

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm note sure how much rotation it would really be. I mean, he's a good pass rusher and very underrated against the run. You don't want him sitting out too many plays though but obviously it will be nice to have a backup who is very good.

I would love to see all the ways that you can use mario in this defense., including being on he line next to Watt