1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Franchise is not Legit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chromeNXT, Dec 31, 2001.

1. chromeNXT

chromeNXT Member

:( sorry but seriously putting all your biases aside for the rockets and steve francis, do you think he should be starting in the all-stars. I mean the guy has missed a lot while payton and Starbury has been working there asses off.

2. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

Do you think he should have played last year in the game?

3. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

The fans like and know that he should be there....He got screwed last year !!!!!!!!!!!1

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

It's not like it was his choice to miss. Plus from what we've seen he's probably not going to have very much rust. I guess we'll just have to see what he does when he comes back.

5. chromeNXT

chromeNXT Member

I believe he should have played last season in the all-stars, but seriously, I know Francis is good, but Steph and the Glove (even if you don't think they are as talented or as good) have played their ass off for their respective teams, while it seems to me that all Francis is going to do is come back and save the day (cause the Rockets can't be doing any worse now), and somebody else is going to get shafted. Just like how MJ is going to shaft Ray Allen in the east.

6. Wakko67

Unfortunately there will be guys that will be shafted, but what do you do? Leave out the guys that should be there. Does Webber not deserve to go because he missed a lot of games as well? If he goes you shaft Wallace, Brand, Garnett or some other deserving individual. The fans seem to think Steve is the right choice and I doubt that his votes all come from the BBS users here. Stephon or Gary may still go, but it seems many consider Steve the best choice. He will earn his start when he returns.

7. chromeNXT

chromeNXT Member

But still how would you feel if you were working your ass off and did not get to participate in all-star events(and when you had a chance), but now some guy, who may be better than you will take it because he's been sitting around nursing wounds and watching his votes lump like GW.

Side note: No offense, Steve is good. And are you sure KG could be shafted. That's real **** right there.:mad: :mad:

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Gary has been to the all-star game plenty of times. I don't think it means much to him. He's more worried about winning a title.

Look at how pathetic the Rockets are without Steve: 1-17. Only an all-star could have that much of an impact on a team. Steve deserves to go, and the fans realize that.

9. mfclark

mfclark Member

By your own argument, Allen shouldn't make it either, seeing as how he's missed the past 6 games and will miss more before he comes back. He's not out there busting his back for his team. So, how can you argue for one and not the other?

MJ is screwing Tracy McGrady out of a spot, but that's left for the NBA Dish forum.

Francis is one of those players who makes his team better, just like Payton. Take Marbury away from the Suns and they are just as good, if not better, than they were with him. That kind of play - at the high level Francis has shown - is definately worthy of the spot.

Plus, the fans want to see him. That's all that matters.

10. Wakko67

Maybe not, but that's my point. Who gets the shaft then?

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Steve got totally shafted last year. Also, Steve arguably got shafted the year before that (he has clearly better than Stockton that year, if you wanted to go with a vet, you could have made an argument for Brandon over Stevie that year).

So I don't think anyone should feel sorry if Starbury gets left off this year. He has made multiple all-star teams and he isn't the player Stevie is, so no big deal.

It should be Stevie and Payton as the WC PGs.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Francis is to legit to sit.

13. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

The Allstar game is a popularity contest. Apparently Payton & Marbury aren't as popular as Francis is.

Personally, since the Allstar game doesn't count for anything more than pure fantasy entertainment, I'd much rather see Francis & Kobe doing their high flying aerial act, than to see Payton's (once smothering) defensive performance.

Give me a team of Francis, Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, & I'll beat anyone. Marbury, Finley, Stojakovic, Fortson, & LaFrentz as my second team, with Nowitzki & Webber to round out my roster.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. Dm324

Dm324 Member

Francis, Marbury, and Payton will all be there, no worries, just no malone and stockton hopefully

15. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Like 'toddie says, the All-Star Game is just a big popularity contest. Van Exel brought it up too when asked if he felt bummed for being shafted.

They should have players and/or coaches decide who should be in, and it should be based on performance and not ability. So a player who was injured significantly wouldn't be voted in, and rightly so.

16. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Stephon is getting into shouting matches with players and Payton wants to get traded. Marbury can't even get along with his own teammates and it doesn't seem like Payton likes his either.