1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Franchise History] Earl Campbell...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Jan 4, 2010.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

...is still MY all-time leading rusher.

The Titans don't deserve the right to erase/over take my dead-and-gone team's record books.

It's not right.

1 person likes this.
  2. AkeemTheDreem86

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's what I said. When I heard them say he took the "franchise" record over Earl I said: "THAT'S A LIE, THOSE ARE NOT THE OILERS".

I don't care what anyone says, the titans are not the oilers. When I saw them wearing those throwbacks this year it pissed me off to no end.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL at any sane person thinking that the Titans are the Oilers. What a joke..

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Let it go

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

TITANS thread. Goes in the hangout. :eek: My respects to the 3rd place AFC South team with a great turnaround of their season... but... WRONG FORUM. :eek:

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

And any Earl Campbell thread is not an Earl Campbell thread without a mention of his sausages.

That Earl Campbell sauce, I don't know what it is, but it's (or was, at least...I'm not sure) goood.

8. SwoLy-D

Ha! :grin: That's what SHE Sai... uhh... not... appropriate... uhh... never mind... :eek:

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seriously get over it.

The team moved to Tennessee and changed their name, Do Baltimore Ravens fans make threads that say SCREW PEYTON MANNING JOHNNY U IS STILL MY ALL-TIME PASSING LEADER!

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I give up..do they?

11. SwoLy-D

There's a BERNIE KOSAR vs. JEFF GARCIA joke somewhere in there... I just can't pin point it... :(

12. Summer Song Giver

Agreed, it's done and over with, the hicks can have the history, we will always have the memories and at present a better team to root for anyway.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Possibly only the old people who are still bitter about it 26 years later.

A new team winning a Super Bowl probably helps those old memories fade easier.

14. SwoLy-D

Which team? Colts [old Baltimore]? Ravens [old Cleveland]? Browns? Titans [old Oilers]? Texans?

I'm confused. :(

15. Two Sandwiches

Yes, I would agree, it does.

By the way, I almost thought those big game Raiders were gonna pull it off yesterday. Woulda been awesome.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Moe has experience rooting for a team that likes to move

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Damn those Dodgers.

Damn that O'Malley.

18. Two Sandwiches

The Ravens, unlike the Titans, did not take the old Cleveland Browns history with them. That history stayed in Cleveland. I think that, in a large part, is one of the main reasons people in Houston still are upset about not having the Oilers. Because the last team to go through a move and rebirth before them, the Cleveland Franchise, kept all of its history. So people, I think, feel for some reason we should have kept the Oilers stuff.

As much as I hate to say it, because I too was an Oilers fan, the Texans are the new team in town, and for me, at least, (and even with their hardly-winning history) they bring up better memories of football. I guess that's mostly because I associate the Oilers with a greedy Bud Adams. I associate the Oilers with a team that I never saw make it to the Super Bowl (until after they left town, of course). I don't have good memories of the Oilers (granted, I'm fairly young, at 22, especially for an Oilers fan), but what I'm seeing in the Texans right now is a very bright future, and a great owner. For that, I have to say, my vendetta against the Titans is, and generally, has been over.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Earl's first 3 seasons, those numbers are etched in my mind.

DD

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Referring to the Baltimore Colts moving to Indianapolis in 1983 and the Baltimore Ravens winning the Super Bowl in 2000.