1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran Session: Hard to know what to believe with T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrish, Feb 19, 2009.

1. farrish

farrish Member

Generally, I am not a fan of Blinebury, sometimes he's too harsh on T-Mac.
    But this time I can't say the same thing about him, he basically stated the facts in the years T-Mac's been with Rockets.
    As a rocket fan, enough is enough.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First post?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen. Amen.

4. arjun

arjun Member

wow...thats a great article that sums everything up

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

When the epitaph is written on the TMac/Yao era it will read, "they were not who we thought they were."

6. farrish

farrish Member

Sadly, but true. :rolleyes:

Having been Rockets fan since Hakeem era, Sadly, T-Mac make my first post. :mad:

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Glad to see everyone's finally coming around to seeing the truth.

Kudos to Fran for having the guts to tell it like it is all these years.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Blinebury has had Tmac's number from the beginning. He must not be the bitter hack people label him as because that article was about as fair and unbiased as it gets. Actually, I think it was too kind. He could have wrote a big "I told you so" blog but he didn't...but maybe should have. I would.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's really a self-fulfilling prophecy with the T-Mac critics.

McGrady was labeled a bust by Blinebury after one season. That was unreasonable.

We all know McGrady doesn't react well to criticism. So when all his shortcomings are magnified in the media, it makes things harder for him, he slips up more than he perhaps would have otherwise, and that gives his critics more to throw on the pile.

10. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

You nailed it. Blinebury is still a jerk, even if he's completely right about TMac. I've said it before--it's ironic how similar Blinebury and McGrady are: Talented underacheivers.

11. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Yeah, for all these years many thought of Fran as having some sort of hatred towards Tmac. Sifting all the individual accomplishments aside, most of us here finally see what Tracy really embodies. It just took most of us a lot longer to see what Fran had been saying since day one.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

LOL. Good one.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Blinebury probably misdiagnosed Tmac's knee too.

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

LOL. That was seriously the most pathetic McGrady excuse I've ever read on here, and there have been some crazy ones.

Even IF his critics had some magical power to influence his performance through their mean mean rants, wouldn't they have been canceled out, if not altogether reversed by all the T-Macaroons and their youtube induced fantasies of him coming back to Orlando form and "showing everyone?"

15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

QFT

Fran was being a dick during that chat session. :rolleyes:

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That wasn't meant to be an excuse. Everything I said was based in fact. Mcgrady does not handle criticism well, and he never has. That's not a defense, it's pointing out one of his weaknesses as a professional athlete.

Professional players making millions are going to have critics. And they need to be mature enough to deal with it. McGrady, sensitive soul that he is, isn't constituted that way. As a result, all the criticism and frustration that's expressed by teammates, the media, and fans will have an impact on him.

#16 durvasa, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's FALSE. tracy told keith jones he was "leaning" heavily towards surgery. and keith jones relayed that to the team. adelman just wasn't informed yet.

but tracy still went about it the wrong way.