1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran Blinebury signed with Chinese media Titan Sports

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockingRox, Mar 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The first thing I thought of when I saw the threas title was, how is Fran going to do his "literary" affectations when the whole thing has to be translated into Chinese?

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

He can write Chinese, can't he ?

3. SugarLandDream8

It's his vote so he can vote anyway he likes. I'm not saying he is right or wrong. I'm just saying Jonathan voted for Yao for 1st team while Fran voted for Amare for first team. Also more voters in the country voted for Yao for first team as well. My only point is Fran hasn't exactly been pro Yao in his voting compared to other voters. Same goes for ROY. A lot of reporters around the country voted for Yao. Amare beat him out in a close competetion. Fran voted for Amare. Basically Fran has not been a Yao supporter in his voting when it was close so it's ironic it is Yao being on the Rockets that allow Fran to get a new job.

Also note Lebron beat out Melo for roy even though the Nuggets made it to the playoffs in the tough west while the Cavs had a bad record in the then weak east. Also melo's stats were better than lebron back then. Voters have a lot of leeway in voting for indivual awards.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

ROY is a little different compared to All-NBA voting. Voters tend to give extra credit for potential exhibited, and how many wins your team had practically doesn't even factor in. I mean, taking last year as a whole the ROY probably should have gone to Horford instead of Durant if you're judging strictly by on-court performance.

Also, I don't really interpret this as Yao showing favoritism towards Fran, so I don't consider it really that ironic. I don't believe Yao gave the recommendation for Fran -- Titan Sports chose to hire Fran because of his knowledge and credentials, not because Yao told them to do so.

5. SugarLandDream8

It doesn't really matter. This will be my last comment on this topic. If Yao didn't play for the Rockets then Titan wouldn't be hiring Fran because they wouldn't need a full time reporter covering a team without Yao Ming. Also Fran voted against Yao for ROY too as well as all nba teams. He could easily have voted for Yao since a little less than half the voters did as well as Jonathan. Fran's vote might have cost Yao the ROY award. In any case it doesn't really matter. At that matters is how well the Rockets do.

6. boby

boby Member

People always refuse to believe anything reported by Chinese media, any words come from Yang Yi's mouth will be flamed here. I am wondering what they are going to say now, since Fran is working for this liar Yang Yi. :D :D

7. 4_ever11

4_ever11 Member

Yao is always helping others, you know, by various means. Now one more.

8. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Most of us hate Fran anyways.

Whatever they claim now, he was behind the TMAC salary for no play counter on chron.com

Fran is a weasel and I hope he gets canned again soon.

9. 4_ever11

4_ever11 Member

That's true. Yang is just a big mouth who can't stop driveling. BUT, you know, not all Chinese medias are like that, few though.

10. tomato

tomato Member

Whatever they claim NOW? They're not claiming anything different...it was always said the editor came up with it