1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran Blinebury signed with Chinese media Titan Sports

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockingRox, Mar 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Does Kirk also play in China?

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Me too. Good for Fran. I also noticed he's been doing stuff for NBA.com and I expect he'll be freelancing in other venues as well.

3. xmw

xmw Member

Yes. Bonzi left the team though.

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

what the hell does this have to do with the Rockets?
    should not be in GARM

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Kirk is still a knucklehead. Artest needs to show him how to change.

7. Alfredo82

Alfredo82 Member

Titan sucks, Fran will know that soon.

8. Lovemachine2000

Gotta dig the Civ reference :D

9. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

maybe future :D

10. Savage Garden

Savage Garden Member

I can not help laughing :D

11. Super Von

Super Von Member

I hope he enjoys his time in exile.

12. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

So when Yao leaves or retires. Then what? :confused:

13. SugarLandDream8

MD_in_Training,

Fran and Jonathan have told fans who they voted for the last 3 years in their blogs for all nba teams.

3 years ago when Yao averaged 25 ppg, Jonathan voted him all nba 1st team. Fran voted Amare all nba 1st team and Yao 2nd team. It was in his old blog but now I don't know how to access it since his blog has been taken down by the chronicle. Some fans were very upset because Amare averaged like 20 ppg that year to Yao's 25 and Yao averaged more boards too.

That year more voters had Yao 1st team than Amare. 38 votes had Yao for 1st team to 36 for Amare.

Several times Fran has voted against Yao for all nba teams. I also heard Fran voted against Yao for the rookie of the year award too, which was also very close.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We finally found out who Macbeth was.

15. magneticman

magneticman Member

my translation: :)

Hello, dear Chinese friends of Titan sports, I am Fran. Nice to meet you guys. I think some of you have already heard something about me. However, I want to reintroduce myself to you.

As a reporter and columnist of chron, I have been writing NBA stories for this newspaper for almost thirty years. In the past three years, sometimes I wrote comments for titan sports too. About one week ago, the chron fired many people as a result of the economic crisis. I surely belong to these guys because I am an old reporter who will soon retire. I thought I could go home and spend more time with my wife, and I could also do more running to improve my health condition. I find I cannot give up writing, however, which is my career of whole life. I have got so much joy from writing and expressing.

I heard good news when I got up this morning. My friend WangMeng, reporter of tian sports in Houston, and another friend YangYi who is in charge of basketball parts of titan told me that they wanted to hire me as their reporter in Houston, writing news about the rockets and Yaoming with Wangmeng. I am so glad that I have another chance to express my ideas. I have reported NBA for couples of decades when I became a fat old man from a youth, and I can tell you guys innumerable stories. For two times I have watched the rockets winning the NBA championship and from now on I will tell you the stories happening here and share my thirty years’ memory of NBA as a reporter of titan sports in Houston.

In today’s basketball news you can read my first report for titan sports. The rockets are in a critical period of regular season and they won the game with clippers yesterday which is the only game they have in almost a week recently. In this week, the rockets have enough time to train. In the regular season teams usually have time to train, solving the problems found in the games. In most cases, they have to fix the problems in the game. Luckily, the rockets now have a whole week to use. Meanwhile, I think what they benefit most from this week is good rest, they can restore energies and fresh themselves which will let them keep ahead in the rat race.

1 person likes this.
  16. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

That's a good idea. :D :D :D

17. bbvoice

bbvoice Member

Coach of national team imo

18. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

thanks. :cool:

19. RockItFan

RockItFan Member

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/

sugerland, try this link above. everything is there.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Amare also played 82 games on a 61 win team, and Yao played just 48 games on a 52 win team. And just compare how many times each player won during the regular season -- Amare's team won 61 times with him on the floor, Yao's team won only 32 times with him on the floor. You have to take injuries into account.

I assume that has something to do with Fran's vote.