1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Foxsports.com UPS and DOWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by World B Free, Mar 31, 2004.

1. World B Free

World B Free Member

this was the last part of the article........

Steve Francis, Rockets. One of the most talented players in the league, Stevie Wonder also is one of the most stubborn and most selfish. Francis is another of the NBA's young crop of "me-first-last-and-always" hooplings. He's a machine gun guard who's all about pumping up as many shots as possible and passing only under duress or to show off his razzle and dazzle.

Steve Francis
    Season Pts. Reb. Ast. FG% Stl. Blk.
    2003-04 16.8 5.6 6.1 40.3 1.7 0.5
    2002-03 21.0 6.2 6.2 43.5 1.7 0.5

Despite his impressive numbers, Francis is spectacularly immature and strictly a no-star. In Francis' underdeveloped mind, Yao Ming is an afterthought. This is a foolish notion because in addition to becoming more of a go-to scorer, Yao also is a willing and able passer. When, if ever, will Stevie Disenfranchise realize that the Rockets' destiny depends on Yao?

2. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I never watch fox sports for that reason, they never could put a story together with out their spin on it. Fox sports is like ESPNs r****ded younger brother, never could get anything straight.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ooops... i meant, I AGREE totally, Does anyone even listen to what fox has to say seriously anymore... These writers need to be shot.

That was worse than YAng Yi

4. lalala902102001

Sometimes I really admire Steve, not for what he does on the court, but for what he doesn't say or do off the court, especially given all the negative things that have been said about him this season.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I look at it the other way...if he would listen to his coach, he would not have so many negative things said about him.

His stubborness is directly related to his criticisms.

DD

6. fatman510

fatman510 Member

I haven't watched or read foxsports in a while, but that writing assures me I wont any time soon.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I didn't know they were mind readers. How can they call him a machine gun guard though? He's never been a guy who averaged a huge amount of shots. And his shots are down this year. They are just a bunch of pricks over there.

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Stevie puts a decent amount of shots, but nowhere near "Machine gun guard".

Machine gun guard goes to AI, Kobe types

9. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Talk about being labelled....

Francis may be incompetent in many areas of the game, but these jerks are trying to make him look like he is sacrificing the team for his own glory, when in fact the opposite is true.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

wow. the most important thing to know about steve is that his heart is absolutely in the right place. that article is complete bullsh!t. question his decision-making ability all you want but the guy knows yao is the man(that is not even debateable anymore), and clearly has devoted himself to the team before his own numbers.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's obvious these beat reporters don't follow Houston and are gauging their play on numbers and Sportscenter coverage. That Superbowl incident didn't help either, but I remember just last year they were heaping praise on the Franchise while he had 20 pt avg.

12. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

Figures...this type of thread which obviously lead to the defense of SF and DD agrees with it.....:rolleyes:

13. buddry

buddry Member

The article is pure trash.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Man obviously the wrtier doesnt watch any Rox games. What a piece of garbage

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Steve Francis
    Season Pts. Reb. Ast. FG% Stl. Blk.
    2003-04 16.8 5.6 6.1 40.3 1.7 0.5
    2002-03 21.0 6.2 6.2 43.5 1.7 0.5

How could you look at the drop in the numbers and say that he is not making room for Yao?

:confused:

r****ded.

16. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I had no idea that DaDakota wrote for Fox Sports...

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Fox Sports: Fair and Balanced sports coverage.

Seriously, it's taken Francis a lot of time and work to get close to what many of us think he can be on this now-Yaocentric team. It's painfully obvious whoever wrote the article hasn't been watching the last 10 games.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Exactly! Answer is never!

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Dont be conned because he is now playing well but still isnt the Playmaker that Yao Ming needs if he is realy going to develop.

20. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

sorry to say this, but ALL of the FOX media is a little tainted with a little too much opinion.

[​IMG]