1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Foxsports.com]Charley Rosen's take on DA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mikeylu, Aug 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4808822

Derek Anderson — Houston

Can do — Run. Pass. Handle. Play both guard spots. Pull up and sink jumpers going right and left. Show a quick first step. Push the ball and create on fast breaks. Post smaller guards and look to shoot turnaround jumpers. Rebound. Play active defense with quick hands and quick feet.
    Can't do — The only thing he can't possibly do is stay healthy for an entire season.
    Must do — Find some sort of diet/exercise regimen to keep his body parts functional.
    Prognosis — If he can stay healthy (or until he breaks down), he will be a tremendous asset to the Rockets. He puts speed, intensity, creativity and all-around oomph into Houston's rather staid game plan. Signing him was a gamble well worth taking.

2. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

We get a Steak dinner for Big Mac combo price...

3. sourav004

sourav004 Member

Actually he doesnt seem like much of a gamble for the price we paid for him. And if u look at the age of the others left in free agency DA seems like the best one out there.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Probably the only smart thing to come out of Rosen's mouth the last couple weeks.

DA is a good all around player. If he can stay healthy, I think he can have a "comeback player of the year" type season.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm afraid I don't know much about DA's injury history. Does he have chronic injuries that tend to come and go, or is it a series of random problems? Just wondering what is most probable for his participation in the coming season.

6. Mikeylu

DA was "injured" alot last season..but he claims he wasnt injured at all and that portland just didnt play them because they wanted to go with a "young" lineup.. IMO i think he was injured in some form or another, whether it being serious enough to not play the majority of the season is probably not true

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

66-38-64-82-70-76-51-47, the number of games he's played each of his 8 seasons. It's not too bad, but DA is one of those guys who always seem to have some kind of naggin injury that hinders his season.

Hopefully that won't be the case this season.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Portland did exactly to DA as the Rockets did to Mo Taylor. They wanted to go in a different direction and made up an injury to keep him on the IR.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

lets all just hope theres no traces of mad cow...

10. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

DA is one of those players that has more physical talent and skill then you ever actually see in a game. He gives you the feeling that he can do more because he usually can. He is soft, lazy, and a griping gun. He is not a PG nor can he play the position unless someone else is going to initiate the offense. If he can be reeled in (from shooting so much), he could be a GREAT addition to the Rockets, more so than Stro IMO. When DA comes to play, he is a just below All Star level talent. However, when he is unhappy or feels slighted, he tends to milk a minor boo boo.

11. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

"staid" adj.
    1. Characterized by sedate dignity and often a strait-laced sense of propriety; sober. See Synoyms for "serious".
    2. Fixed; permanent: "There is nothing settled, nothing staid in this universe" (Virginia Woolf).

Hmm... Interesting assessment of DA and good use of vocabulary by Mr. Rosen. Not sure if I would call the ROX offense staided though.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if what DA said was completely true. Heck Stoudamire still got to play and racked up his numbers. I hope he stays healthy this offseason. Maybe he will be good off the bench to provide the must needed oomph that the Rockets need off the bench. Jon Barry Mike James and D Anderson off the bench will give ya a kick in the morning to wake ya up....

13. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Probably due to mad coach..

14. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

rockets played the same trick with mo taylor. kept him on the bench and healthy so that he could be traded.
    oops. didnt realize it had already been stated

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Derek Anderson should be a nice fit with the Rocks. He's going to go out of his way to show people they're wrong about him, I believe. And he legitimately likes the guys on the team, so it should be good. And we have so many guards he doesn't have to get overworked which, hopefully, will cut down on his time on the IR.

16. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

My friend in Portland said that last year he was out for like 3 weeks for something wrong with his mouth, like a tooth ache. Makes you question the credability of the injuries the Blazer's said that he had.

17. Mikeylu

lol..thats so funny...how bad is the injury to DA, coach...ohhh..its serious..his tooth is killing him..lol

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I like what Rosen has to say about his game minus the injury issues. CD did what he needed to do with this team, get younger and more athletic. Getting SS and DA has achieved that, now we see if these 2 are iron anvils or porcelin dolls.

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah..didn't he say he wasn't injured? Just didn't get to play.

I'm glad we got him. I like the team we have right now.

Good job Rosen.

20. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

It was a bit serious. He had one or two root canals done that became infected.