1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox Sports] Rosen's take on Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rumcoke, Sep 3, 2007.

1. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I love what Scola has shown so far, but my prediction is that he will split time with Chuck right down the middle. His level of respect from the refs is going to be nothing like it is in Europe. I predict many foul-plagued games, especially since he is so damn physical. We might just lead the league in fouls per game from the power forward position. That's fine with me though, cause those two guys have 12 fouls to use and maybe people will think twice about driving on us.

2. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Obviously, since the day Rosen started his friggin journalist career. :D

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Columnist don't know what he's talking about. Scola will prove him wrong just like Yao had proved all the writers wrong.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Comments like this are Rosen's bread-and-butter......

It's just funny that we got a player essentially for free and we're paying him pennies to watch him outplay Dwight Howard, Amare, Chandler, Nene and Sam Dalembert. All players that between them average about $10-11 million a year in salary and here we are with our "marginal" talent for cheap outplaying them on a competitive stage. Shame on us.

#64 baller4life315, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

with yao and tmac, this guy won't be double teamed. He is not going to be the prime scorer on our team anyhow.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

ahhh the frustration!!

why even post Rosen's non-sensical articles. They'd probably be better placed in the hangout. Just for comedic value.

to say in one breath that he gave D Howard troubles and then in the next suggest that he will be a borderline player in the NBA is complete drivel.

MVP of the tourney = Scola.

Suck it Rosen.

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

You said it. 20+ points against All-Stars, has to be double teamed, has Amare crying because he got called for fouls against him. Scola is just going to suck.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

These are the same reporters who called Yao Ming the next Shawn Bradley. They never give foreign players respect.

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Rosen is like Andy Rooney, except w/ even far less insight. All negative, all cranky, all nonsense.

BTW, if Scola's only downfall is the double-team, he'll be an exceptional PF for us. I think we've got at least 2 other guys on our team who will have something to do w/ that.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I cannot follow Rosen's logic. Since he thought Scola is a marginal nba player, why did he also think Scola will be doubled?!