1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox Sports Net SouthWest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wink#3, Sep 16, 2000.

1. Wink#3

Wink#3 Member

Will This channel show Rockets games because I live in Miami, Fl and I just got Dish Network and I have Fox Sports Net SouthWest.

------------------
    Rasheeba Thompson

2. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Yes.

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.

3. Chickenhead28

Chickenhead28 Member

You have to pay for the league pass, If not it will be blacked out no matter where you live.
    On the DSS, FOXSW is in the 600's but it doesn't matter cause when the game starts It shows on the 700's. If you buy the NBA ticket you'll see the game on both. If you don't buy the NBA pass, It won't show on either 600's or 700' channells. Same goes for f-ball, hockey and baseball.

------------------
    the Heat suck!!

[This message has been edited by Chickenhead28 (edited September 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Chickenhead28 (edited September 16, 2000).]

4. Steve

Steve Member

I use to have Dish NEtwork and i live in Miami and they wouldnt show any other games than heat and sometimes orlando! sometimes itll appear on the screen but itll be Blacked out

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

They black out all but the regional games in your area. You must have NBA League Pass in order to see all the games.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Member

I forgot that they black evrything out. They always forget to mention that when they trying to sell you all of these regional Fox channels. League Pass is definitely the way to go. For some of the more motivated memmbers of the BBS, you can learn how to reprogram your dish card and get them for free (DaDakota knows, but he ain't tellin). But trying to wade through all of the p*rn crap at the DSS-hack site makes it pretty much a waste of time. Good luck!

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

Direct tV & NBA League Pass are necessary necessities.

------------------
    The best is yet to come.
    Go Rockets!

8. RENDIGGLER3:20

Damn it!I recently got Dish Network also and I thought I would be able to watch all the teams on Fox Sports Southwest,New York,Rocky Mtn.,Arizona,West,Midwest,BayArea,South,and Chicago.

This is a sad day [​IMG]

------------------

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sad indeed. I moved to a brand new apartment complex that said they'd be getting a master DirecTv dish installed. After waiting for about 1 month where they said "We're having problems settling a contract with the provider", I see Dish Network vans pull up. I died that day. No DirecTv, no NBA League Pass (although I hear it's on digital cable or something).

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

I feel your pain D0D

------------------

11. countingcrow

countingcrow Member

I work for Time Warner Comm., and the NBA League Pass is available on Digital Cable in Houston. There are certain areas of Houston that are not able to order this service at this time, but most of Houston can. To find out if it is available in your area of Houston just call the Customer Service line for Time Warner and they will let you know.

------------------

12. alaskansnowman

oh man, Francis v Iverson would be too sweet.

------------------
    president of the dan langhi fan club.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wanted to delete my post, but don't have the ability, so I will just waste everyone's time with mindless dribble.

[This message has been edited by DaDakota (edited September 17, 2000).]

14. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

Thanks Dakota... it would be a shame if any of our valuable were wasted by the haunting and hollow words of mindless drivel...

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

15. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

How good would Francis be if he wore Puma's or Converse?

------------------

16. Behad

Behad Member

Would he be doubly good if he wore Puma on one foot and Converse on the other? [​IMG]

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I have just regular Time Warner Cable. I have FoxSW so should I be able to watch it on there? Without having to get DirectTv etc?

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

18. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Us, are you in Houston?

If so, then yes, you will be able to watch the Rockets without DirecTv

------------------

19. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

You know what pisses me off? I live in Austin and all the time during bball season FoxSW advertises that they'll be showing Rockets games, but every time I turn it on they're showing some bs motorcross or something. Bastards.

------------------

20. davo

davo Member

I had a dream the other night. I dreamt that television and the internet had merged into a seamless infotainment medium.

Rather than have programming dictated to me by corporations, I was able to choose what I wanted to watch, whenever I wanted and wherever I wanted.

Just imagine,

I'm hoping it happens before I move back to Australia or you can just call me Smeg.

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info