1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox Drops Texans Games Because of Bad Ratings

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 21, 2006.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I wonder if this is the same for Austin? I don't want this to turn into a whole Mario/VY/Bush debate but I know it will. Winning cures all...too bad the Texans don't win.

2. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I think it's because people in San Antonio are fair-weather fans.

3. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

At least the Texans didn't get replaced by an infomercial.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

"On Sunday, CBS and local affiliate KENS televised the Texans' game against the Indianapolis Colts. But after the Colts took a 27-3 lead early in the second half, the network switched to the Buffalo-Miami contest."

Now that's embrassing. It's one thing not to show the game, but to get switched out in the middle is just humiliating.

5. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

No.. but the spectacular matchup of Thomas Jones vs. Chester Taylor makes me drool :mad:

I wonder how much money the Texans are going to lose by not drafting Bush or Young.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How much they lose depends on how much they actually lose. On the field, that is.

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

No, they think that the Cowboys are located in S.A. - not Dallas. And they are probably bitter because they will never have NFL in S.A.

I dont really care about out of city fans. This is HOUSTON's team.

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

This is two edged sword, ratings are bad because their 0-2 and no Bush. I really hate to see Houston in this situation.

9. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

You have to wonder if Bush was a Texan would the team be getting this kind of treatment. I'd like to the Saints ratings before and after Bush.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Eff you, San Antonio RANCH.

"Hey, let's build a FOOTBALL STADIUM and call it the ALAMODOME!!!!"
    "Uhhh... you don't have a football team."
    "Hey, let's build a football stadium and call it the alamodome!!!! Maybe we can lure a football team!."
    Years later:
    "Houston Texans. L.A. Raiders move to Oakland. McCombs' Minnesota Vikings stay in Minnesota."
    "Uhhh... what do we do with the stadium?"

Idiots.

When I went to SA SeaWorld, I wore my Texans' hat. The dude at the Shamu Roller Coaster ride said:
    "No, man... I can't let you in... you go for the Houston Texans."
    "OK", I said, "I'll get in the ride and wait until you get a football team in San Antonio."
    "Aww, man... that's a low blow."
    "Shut up, then."

11. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

That's why our front office are morons. The Saints are sold out, Bush has a top selling jersey, VY would have packed the house just like Bush. McNair lost millions by drafting a guy who had to make an immediate impact to displace the fan reaction.

12. gucci888

The Texans were in the Top 5 in terms of revenues the past 4 years, I don't think he is too worried about money. With that said, who knows how much money he'd be making with VY or Bush on the team.

13. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Given we do have the Mark Cuban of NFL Owners (minus the psychotic personality), the honeymoon will be over soon if we don't start putting W's up.

I did expect the Texans to start off 0-2, but when you KNOW 100% that your team is going to lose.. it becomes very freakin frustrating.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

They built the Alamodome because they had a CFL Expansion team back in the day when the Canadians thought it was wise to bring their brand of football to America. Didn't really last long so they were left with a crappy stadium

15. gucci888

Yep...the Texans enjoyed the best honeymoon a city could have given an expansion franchise. And while Bush or VY could have helped in terms of ratings, attendance, the only thing that matters is winning.

Starting the season agains the Eagles (very underrated IMO) and the Colts (the best regular season team the past 5-6 seasons) didn't help the cause but hopefully they got some good experience from them. We'll see...

16. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

Yeah! Long live the Houston Houstonians!

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This does not absolve them from being a fat and stupid populace. Remember back in the day when the Spurs used to play in the Alamodome? They had that blue tarp dividing the stadium in half. On occasions you could sneak a peak behind the tarp and find kids running up and down the isle or fat teenage San Antonians mugging out with one another. Very gross indeed.

I could careless about the Texans but my hate for Fat Antonio in surpassed by only Dallas within the state of Texas.

You here me San Antonio?!?!? Wake up you fat diabetics!!! You live in the armpit of Texas.

18. gucci888

Please percicles...tell us how you really feel. :D

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I feel bad for the transplanted Houston fans who live in San Antonio who can't watch the games now, but other than those people, I couldn't give a SWEET CHRIST about what people in San Antonio want to watch.

We could have drafted Young, Bush, AND Mario and the people in San Antonio wouldn't give a frog's fat ass because most of them are cowboy fans. And again, I just don't care.

#19 ima_drummer2k, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  20. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

They were in the top five because they were new. The newness has worn off and the team is still atrocious. Ratings are going to get worse and I am excited to see the empty seats this weekend against the skins (lost revenue, thanks Mario). Also, i get an email every week telling me there are still tickets left for texans games. This would not be happening with Bush or Young. This organization sucks and are getting what they deserve.