1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FOX Broadcasting Giants v Redskins instead of Texans in E Texas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Win, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Win

Win Contributing Member

I just noticed that Fox will not be broadcasting the Texans game this Sunday in favor of the Redskins, Giants game. I live near Tyler which is admittedly Cowgirls country, but all the Texans games save one have been broadcast here this entire year.... now this inexplicable idiocy. I suspect the same may be true in the San Antonio area. Some sort of campaign against FOX's brain damage crusade needs to be arranged. This just wont do

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep, saw that when I left Nacogdoches. pretty damn lame. fox sucks.

We had to watch one already on Sunday ticket on the ps3.

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

The NFL Sunday Ticket. It's thaaa lick!

Pony up the $ and get DirecTV. Cable is for suckers.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Switching to DirecTV and paying for Sunday Ticket for one game seems a bit extreme.

I guess it's good for me that this is happening this weekend and not next weekend when I'll be up there.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

www.the506.com has the entire map for who is showing what game.

For what its worth, if the Texans were tied for the division and Houston had an option of showing a Titans game vs a Cowboys game, I'd rather see the Titans game.

Also, for what its worth, San Antonio and Austin (big-time Cowboys country) is showing the Texans game.

6. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Very relieved to see Lubbock is getting the Texans game, the surrounding areas don't have it.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm glad I'm back in Houston this week ha. Guess you have to go hit up a bar.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The more i think about it, the less it bothers me.

It's acknowledged, if begrudgingly, that other than Houston and maybe Beaumont, Texas is Cowboys country.

With that fact, the Cowboys are in a dogfight with the Giants for the division, which they will likely need to win to make the playoffs.

Last week if it came down to the Cowboys game or the Titans game, no doubt which one I would have wanted.

So when you think about it, given how important the Giants game is to Cowgirl fans, the fact that the Texans are still being broadcast to over half the state suggests we may be making some progress chipping away at the cowboy empire.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Ugh I didn't even realize that this was going to be a fox game. Last broadcast for the Falcons game Kenny Albert was doing his best Tasker/Eagle/Fouts anti-Texans impression.

10. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Wait 'til you hear the announcer on Sunday. Ron Pitts is probably the worst announcer in the history of announcing. :eek:

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

what no love for Lukenbach TX ...? ;)

12. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Agreed. While I hate the Cowgirls and everything related to them, I must admit that their game this weekend has far more playoff implications that the Texans' game. I can't blame Fox for showing the game, in this case.

Having said that... F**k the Cowgirls. :grin:

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The thing I hate about Fox is that they are constantly changing their schedules throughout the week. Not only that, the games they switch to are not always logical. When the Texans played the Falcons, I was pumped because it was going to be the first time I got to watch the Texans on my own TV this year. On Thursday of that week, they switched to the Broncos and Vikings game. C'mon Man!

This week, same thing happened, although the Texans game got switched to the Packers/Chiefs game.

At least on Thursday, then Texans are going to be watched on my TV.

14. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

If you get KFXK, they are scheduled to show the Texans on Sunday. It's on their TV listings at fox51.com. If you live outside their viewing area then you're out of luck.

When you go to the maps at the506.com put your mouse pointer over the area where you live and click. A little pop up will show which game will air in that area. You can also zoom in closer to a particular region if you don't like the nationwide look.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure what they would consider the viewing area for the Texans is even smaller than depicted above. I imagine basically a bubble extending around the greater Houston area down to Galveston.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I wish Fox would fire Joe Buck. He makes me want to puke.

17. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Thank god I went back to Houston for my christmas break. I already had to deal with Fox's BS during the Falcons game.

18. Win

Win Contributing Member

Well well.... Fox has switched to the Texans game here in East Texas. Just the power of ClutchFans I suppose. Jubilation commences.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Never underestimate the power of a phone call.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This is a great picture. Where'd you find it?

Some interesting observations... you hardly see the Jets or Ravens logos as they are both overshadowed greatly by the NFC team in the same area.