1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. bballmonster

bballmonster New Member

I like how people say they wanna trade Yao cuz he got injured all the time.
    Did you see how hard he tried?
    What the Rockets will be without Yao?

2. underoverup

underoverup Member

when i saw him limping last night i thought his knee was tightening up, but wow this is a mortal shot to the rockets/ fans hearts.

all we can do now is give it our all and hope coach A can come up with a master game plan.

3. dafranchise0309

I wonder what Yao and Tmac will discuss about on the bench during Game 4?

4. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Maybe next year Yao Ming will just get injured right before we make it to the Finals. :eek:

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Well now it's a $35+ mil hole in our salary cap.

6. geekSnake

geekSnake Member

FML :(
    time for dorsey and his jump hook...

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe. We are now at the point where Yao's long-term future as a player has to be questioned because of his lack of durability. Limiting him to only 30 minutes a game will diminish his value as a player and won't necessarily solve his injury problems.

I'm not so sure the Rockets should continue building their team around Yao. You can now count me in the group that says backup C is a huge need for the team.

8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

hahahaha 4 sho

9. sn09

sn09 Member

hahaha i laughed when i read that.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I think he knew something was wrong and he didnt want to come out of the game in fear it was his last chance to help the team this post season. This sucks in oh so many ways. The deck was stacked against them winning this series and game 1 and the way he led the team gave us hope, but it sucks that injury will keep the Rockets from doing something very special this year.

Get well big fella and we will try again next year.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'm sorry for Yao, I wish he could be healthy, but it's just not going to be. I'm not quitting on this team and I hope they fight to the bitter end this year. We do have to think about the future. I don't want to trade Yao, but if he opts out and expects a max extension, let him go or sign and trade him. We can't count on him to finish a season anymore and you just can't tie up max money with a guy like that.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

UNBELIEVABLE........

:mad: :mad: :mad:

13. patcheney

patcheney Member

i cant f***ing take this any more, just when we thought there's still hope...

14. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

At least Yao won't have to play the "Asian championships" now. Crossing my fingers.

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I thought backup C has always been our greatest issue. We have a bunch of undersized guys that play their hearts out but it only goes so far.

I completely agree with your thoughts.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Sadly, I have to agree with some of the posters. The Rockets can't expect to go forward with Yao as their cornerstone. Broken foot this season. Broken foot last season. Broken knee the year before that. There's no way you can go into a season now assuming Yao will stay healthy and be available in the playoffs. His body just can't handle the strain. If your cornerstone isn't there in the playoffs, you're not going to win. I hate to say it, but the Rockets best bet is to move on and rebuild. Without Tracy McGrady and without Yao Ming.

17. tfvic

tfvic Member

heres to kobe breaking his hand trying to elbow ron again tom.!

18. j-young

j-young Member

for all fellow Rockets fans out there that's thinking we are cursed, take a look at the Hawks, the Wizards, the Spurs etc. sometime the effort one organization puts in just won't get equal results, professional athletes are human too, this happens and as a rockets fan i will keep rooting for my team no matter what. Yao must be feeling like hell now and the rest of the rockets better win the next one for the big fella who has fought for this franchise til the last drop of blood.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

I like Yao, but I have to agree with this. I've honestly been thinking this for a year or two. I think signing him to a huge extension purely from a basketball perspective would only result in further heartbreak. The crazy thing is that I'm extremely disappointed, but not really surprised that this happened. Sad day...

I'm so numb to this now because it happens so much with this team. What a horrible reality it is to support a team that had everything they needed to do great things, but lacked the health to see the vision through to the end.

Our biggest rivalry over the past 5 years hasn't been the Jazz or the Mavs or even the Lakers...it has been injuries and I must say without a shadow of a doubt that injuries has kicked our collective asses over and over again. This b*stard is relentless and heartless.

2 people like this.
  20. Norway's Winter

damn ****, that's why we need a backup C and we don't really have one for the past several yrs.