1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

ummmmm yeah they do.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Oh yippe he was being a warrior. It's too bad being a warrior doesnt translate to having good offense, because with Yao in the game we stunk it up.

The only period we had good offense in this series was in the 2nd quarter of game 2, and that was with Yao out of the game.

I am completely confident we will win this series with Hayes getting a ton of minutes.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

lol it's so absurb I just have to laugh outloud lol

Yao's idol growing up was Arvydas Sabonis...why couldn't it have been Kareem Abdul Jabbar??

no hall of fame for Yao, no championships for Houston, god knows what's going to happen now...the sky isn't falling, it's already fallen the last 4 seasons...

4. YaoChineseProud

Yao is who he is,,, it's all RA's fault to overuse Yao..

5. LD2k

LD2k Member

Sorry to hear about the loss.

It is truly unfortunate - we were saddened by it. I really deeply respect Yao on and off the court. :(

6. Lugz504

Lugz504 Member

Wow, so many calls to get rid of Yao. Our fan base can be disgusting some times.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

That move could cost the Rockets championships down the road. I think Morey may need to rethink this one.

First 2006, then 2008, now 2009. And we are talking about a player that, in 7 years of being in the league, has only led us out of the first round once.

If Yao was good enough to lead the Rockets at least to the WCF a couple of times in his first 7 years, then it would be a easier decision to resign him.

Morey's job just got harder.

8. DesiDishoom

DesiDishoom Contributing Member

9. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Anatomy?

10. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Really disappointing news ... now we know why he couldn't get any lift on those dunk attempts in that 3rd quarter last night. It just isn't fair. We as fans need to worry about the Rockets future after their playoff run is over. Right now we have Yao who must be feeling horrible and the rest of the guys who are still there who will be trying their hardest to even the series with the Lakers tomorrow.

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Nice post... Morey definitely has a lot to ponder about. Lets win this for YAO MING!

12. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

all I can think of is WTF. Woe is me

13. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

what about it

14. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Lol I was just counting how many posts till you showed up.
    1. You don't love Yao. You posted about every 30 seconds in every game thread this season with lines like "Yao is garbage" or "Yao is useless"
    2. Have fun watching Gasol take about 3/4 of his rebounds off Chuck's head, Chuck is a good guy, plays hard, but flatout too short.
    3. Seriously, how long it took you to go from shortfuse1 to shortfuse3??? :D

15. Omer

Omer Member

WTF WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO US....

16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Both centers gone for the playoffs. This sucks :(

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I feel bad for Yao, more than anything. He had a nice year, leading the Rockets past the first round without McGrady.

Going forward, the Rockets need to build a team around Yao that doesn't require him to play big minutes in the regular season or playoffs. With his body-type and the established pattern of injuries, he shouldn't be playing much more than 30 mpg anymore.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I know you are emotional right now, but what you are saying is ludicrous. Step away from the keyboard.

19. sew

sew Member

No link... just got it off YMM.

20. Pocket Rockets

def agree here

first decision though on ron artest.
    then its tracy (trade or let contract expire)
    then its yao (opt out or resign)