1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

this is just terrible news... just terrible..

kudos to Yao for carrying us throughout this season.. esp with T-Mac on the bench...

but I am wondering how we can build the team around Yao.. the guy is a warrior.. but if he keeps getting injured season after season (no blame on him) .. i dunno what we can do..

DM is gonna have his hands full this summer. I am now 80% sure that Mac would be traded after this..

2. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Man are we cursed.

3. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

The sad part about it for me is that I'm not even all that disappointed. I mean, I've grown accustomed to this type of stuff. I always tell myself, stuff like this always tends to happen to the Rockets. :(

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

****! **** **** ****!!!!

****!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

5. sew

sew Member

Wake up call to the chinese government. Their national treasure's career is in jeopardy thanks to them forcing Yao to play meaningless tournaments in China during the summer when he should be resting. A guy that size can't be playing competitive ball all year round.

6. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Yao gave it everything he had, he is a great Rocket and unfortunately has injury problems due to his size most likely... but we pray and wish him a speedy recovery...

The series isn't over.

I think Battier's leadership is important right now, he plays like he never quits or gives in or gives up, I think he will give this team the right message and I think Artest will also stand up and pull the team together...

Landry and Scola are going to really play inspired tomorrow, let's see what happens...

I love the Rockets, they have the heart of a champion. :)

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We still don't know where the hairline fracture is in his foot, at least I don't, but is this something that's going to need surgery with a plate attached with screws, like his other foot? My understanding is that after such a surgery, the foot can be stronger than it was before the fracture. I hope that's the case, although I don't know how long recovery would be.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He doesnt need surgery.

9. Precision340

Precision340 Member

****!!!! this team is cursed!!!!!!!!!!!! les, why did you let Hakeem go?!!!!!!!!!!! karma is a b****!!

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How do you know?

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, we made the 2nd round. One step at a year.

The word is hair thin bone fracture, so that's worrisome. Yao's body is not built to play NBA season + playoff period. Time to face to that reality, and coaching staff needs to come up with a strategy.

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

You don't know how much the Lakers love this.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It was reported that no surgery will be necessary.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Sina reported that Tom Clanton says the fracture will heal in 8-12 weeks naturally.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, I think we do. If we somehow beat LA without Yao, it would be the sweetest thing since the championships. A stretch, but not impossible.

16. alan

alan Member

so what

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

that's the thing.. they don't give a fat f***!!! they care about winning.. and yao gives them a much better chance at winning.. this sucks.. i really feel bad for yao because he's stuck in the middle.. we all want what's best for us.. we want him to play for the rox and the chinese govt wants him to contribute to the country.. at some point something's gotta give!! f***, yao get better bro!!
    ps.. f*** the fakers
    !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@ :mad:

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And how do we know it just won't fracture again?

19. Yao Ming's foot

I'm sorry for creating this screen name a few days ago. Yao Ming is my favorite Rocket. Hopefully he returns next season as good as ever.

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member