1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

(Fox 26) Texans reached verbal agreement w/ Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by candlegreen, Apr 28, 2006.

?

What is your reaction?

1. BIG Mistake to pass up on Bush!!

143 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Split feeling

51 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Mario William is the right choice

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Should have traded down if we were not going to draft Bush

95 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just don't understand it, the guy was average at college, he got half his sacks against 2 crap opponents last year, and I hear his motor is not always on.....

I want a beast, a LT, or a Reggie White, etc with the number one pick not a guy who has great athleticism but coasts when he plays.

I watched his highlights expecting to see some monster hits, or some incredible speed etc...

He looks like a poor man's Jevan Kearse.....a VERY poor man.

Not worth the number one pick.....should have traded down if you didn't want Bush or Young.

DD

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yes!!! he's here!!!! :) bring it da da!!!

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I was angry at first but now its kind of cooled down...

im gonna give Kubiak the benefit and see how Mario Williams pans out..he could be big and the Texans might be great

but damn I wanted a star!

4. Dr. Basketball

Well I guess I am not the true fan then. I am very sad that this happened! I was so excited to get Bush........... They can move to Tennessee for all I care.................I will stick with the Rockets and that will be good enough for me.

5. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Ten years from now this draft will be remembered as one that the Texans passed on two potential franchise QBs and one potential franchise RB to use the no.1 pick on a DE.

6. today

today Contributing Member

The former Dolphins GM that ESPN has as an analyst said it best: What the fans think shouldn't matter one bit, their opinions are based upon emotion and media exposure for the most part. The only opinion that counts is the one that the organization comes to on their own.

I'm proud of the Texans for having the balls to make this pick. I don't know how the decision will turn out, but I wish these so called "Houston" fans would quit crapping on the team, accept the decision, and be loyal instead of tearing our organization apart. The callers into SR 610 tonight made me sick, I turned it off after 15 minutes due to all the negativity. If everyone in Houston hates the Texans so much, then move on to a different team and take your complaints elsewhere.

None of us have the football knowledge that any organization in the NFL has (even the worst run organization in the NFL), so we need to get over the emotional aspect of it and support Mario and the new direction of the team under Kubiak's leadership.

I'm not qualified to say whether this was the correct decision or not, but I whole-heartedly support the Texans' pick. I'm Houston-born and will root for the Rockets/Texans/Astros until the day I die, trusting in organizational leadership even though they aren't perfect.

Welcome Mario, I'll be cheering for you tomorrow at noon ET when your name is called.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!

Note: Just FYI, I'm not addressing anyone in particular, except maybe the SR 610 callers that I heard tonight.

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

If we were going to get a Dfense player I would have rather TRADED DOWN! and draft AJ HAWK and get some extra picks

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

When a buddy from work called with the news, I said: "SH*T no. WTF was all that commotion for, then?" Then I felt GREAT PAIN and memories of prison returned... :confused:

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

God...can the Titans just skip their pick this year?

I have a feeling whoever they pick, watching them play the Texans will piss me off year after year...

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

So did we wanted Mario William more? or was it because we couldnt get a contract done with Reggie?

also if Casserly takes the heat for this draft .... isn't he resigning the next day? :rolleyes:

11. MadMax

you can say the fans don't matter. but they do. you can say their opinion is worthless. but it isn't. without them, you don't have a team. you don't sell tickets. you don't drive up the value of your franchise. you don't sell jerseys.

this franchise is struggle-uggle-uggling to find an identity. after 4 years, it still doesn't have one, other than funny ESPN commercials about a team with no offensive line. the fans in this town were really split on the VY/RB debate. they want excitement. maybe mario will help this team be a winner. but this team has some short-term concerns as well. and they're an absolute public relations nightmare right now.

12. MadMax

all the reports i've read/heard indicate that the texans actually offered mario more than they ever offered reggie.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

a lot of us are still oilers fans. not titans fans or texans fans

14. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

If you're a Texans fan, you live with the team through the bad times . . . there really haven't been too many good times since 19-10 . . .

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I kind of agree it is a little far to say "I'll never support them again." At this point, anyway.

Problem is, it goes either way. Is it balls or stupidity? Our drafting ability this far, the fact that CC may be on his way out, the fact that it seems Bush is an extremely rare talent...all of these things don't exactly instill confidence. There were a few areas where it seemed at least like a better shot at a sure thing....and the Texans passed on all of them.

That's not to say this is the way it will happen. It may work out in the end. But people have a right to be very, very upset. You aren't the better 'fan' because you want to see nothing but sunshine and rainbows.

16. twoface723

twoface723 Member

The Texans are going to suck for another 10 years.

17. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I saw that too. I am not impressed by Mario Williams and the more I see ESPN showing highlights of Reggie Bush, the more I hate the Texans.

18. MadMax

well if there's one thing ESPN loves, it's reggie bush highlights.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

man as soon as i heart this i thought "courtney brown"

20. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

That sucks

I'm gonna be at the draft tomorrow and I'm gonna boo the hell outta the Texans and wannabe super Mario...this is ridiculous....how can you mess this up? no defensive player that has ever been picked #1 overall has done anything in the past 20 years or so...call me a fair weather fan or whatever, I don't care