1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Taylor called back up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 3, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I clearly watch the games with a more seasoned eye than you do, what I see is a guy watching the ball while losing his man on defense.

I see him reaching at crucial times while his man goes by...Brandon Roy ring a bell?

Trevor has been pretty bad on defense, not good to great, put down the koolaid, it was made by Jim Jones.

DD

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good-great, you keep telling yourself that. Due to Trevor, the defense sometimes gets out of whack since they have to cover his gambles, he often loses his man on back cuts and screens (he doesn't fight hard enough through them), and his one on one defense has been average at best. He had a couple of good defensive games here and there, but overall he has been terribly inconsistent and shows a very low bball IQ on both ends of the floor.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Look at the STATS. You know how really does suck at defense...Chase Budinger. talk about blow by's

you can nit pick all you want.

especially in clutch Ariza shuts down his man. you may hate him and beat your chest all you want but it won't make it true.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - isn't that what you are doing? You have no stats to back up what you say.....you are just saying it.

And most people here do not agree with you.

For some reason you have chosen to go down with the good ship Trevor, fine........but at least acknowledge he sucks right now.

Chase does get beat too often, he is a 21 year old rookie...not a guy making $6 million who has a reputation as a defensive stopper who has been more like a sieve.

DD

5. REEKO_HTOWN

i you read my post early I said, "his shooting sucks".

the freaking box score is my proof. go look at the them and notice how many + games he has. He's got a better efficiency rating than Battier.

you know he's playing out of position. He's guarding 2 guards.

Put him back a the 3 and watch but since we need someone to play SG Trev has to take the bullet.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Both Shane and Trevor alternate on defense etc, but if your defense is that Shane sucks too, fine....I agree.

And you can not seriously be refering to the +/- stats, really...is that all you got?

You do realize those are some of the worst stats to go by in the entire league.....it is so dependent upon who you are playing with and against...hardly a great indicator of individual success.

Sorry, I know you love Trevor, he is your guy....that is cool, everyone needs a lost cause now and again.

;)

BTW - Did you realize your user name is in ALL CAPS.....what is up with that?

MAKES ME FEEL I SHOULD TYPE LIKE THIS WHEN SPEAKING TO YOU !

DD

7. REEKO_HTOWN

I love Trev but I hate things he does too. When he does show what he can do people ignore it.

Coaches need to but players in the right positions to succeed. Trev is Clearly out of position but we don't really have a choice unless Morey gets a SG guard.

I also think Battier needs to come off the bench but I think management doesn't want to piss him off.

I was young and dumb when I registered. some mistakes last for a lifetime. ;)

8. worzel gummidge

All Adelman needs is someone to play 5 to 10mins so Brooks can have a breather. Anyone can bring up the ball, then they can just swing it around.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Did you think he was bad defensively last year? He's doing the same things now as he did when he was a laker. He's been playing defense like this his whole career. It's his horrible shot selection and handles that are killing us.

Btw, Brandon Roy killed all our defenders even when we played him straight up. I don't blame Ariza for trying something different. Roy's like Yao, you can't play him 1-on-1 pretty much at all.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

It makes me realize how important it is to Trevor to have Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom to help cover up his mistakes.

The way he plays defense Yao will foul out in 20 minutes....

DD

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

why? ron gambled frequently. yao didn't foul out because of him.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not nearly as much, and using Ron as an example is like saying, well, that crap stinks, and uh....so does that one....

LOL.

DD

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOL WHAT

Trevors defense has been average at best.

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you're delusional.

i love it. if we always agreed with everyone, life would be a bore

15. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

WOW lol great news lol :)

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Heh, it is all good.......and if that is the worst thing I am accused of being.....then I am riding high !

Respect - Stud.

DD

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Then how is he going to feel when he is traded? :p

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

DD remember you are loosing faith in the MOREY selections. :p

19. LifeisButaDream

Showcase Time<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29YWyZ1rZoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29YWyZ1rZoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. REEKO_HTOWN

I could care less. I'm a Rockets fan first. I'm just tired of people putting the blame on just one person.

We never thought we'd win as much as we have this season. To say we won in spite of Trevor is asinine.

It's one thing if he was a big disappointment like Jefferson in San Antonio but he came here to better himself and to become a young piece when Yao came back.