1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Taylor called back up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 3, 2010.

1. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

He's not coking back to warm the bench (been there, done that); my guess is that another 2 or 3 will be either traded or is ailing (Ariza?).

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The top scorer is a SF Mike Harris. He's been here at least 2 or 3 times.
    Ariza, Budinger, and Battier are better than Mike Harris.

3. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

I'm sure the $400,000 he makes this year will make him feel a lot better in the end.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL, very well said RV6.

5. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I really have my fingers crossed that JT is the next Michael Redd. Both fantastic scorers coming out of college, both fell to the second round because scouts were skeptical about their abilities. Redd's got a good 2 inches on JT, but JT's a better finisher at this point in his career than Redd was, not to mention that JT's college shooting numbers are actually better than Redd's.

Granted, Redd faced stiffer competition in the Big10 than JT saw in C-USA, but Redd got serious help from Scoonie Penn when he was playing at OSU. JT was the only double-digit scorer on UCF's roster last season.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Thanks.

;)

DD

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

What the hell does that mean? Taylor already occupies a roster spot. Whether we have an avilable spot or not, he can always be called up and sent down. :confused:

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I sense the end of the Budinger era.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I could see him traded, or Shane, or Trevor...or Taylor...any of them.

DD

10. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

They mean since Lowry is out, we are currently only dressing 11 players. So, we have one spot open on the active roster.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Ah ok, active roster. Gotcha. Thanks!

12. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Rocket's org. right about now. I've always thought JT had a much higher ceiling than Chase. If Chase gets traded and JT doesn't maybe the Rockets think the same thing.

cmiller

13. REEKO_HTOWN

Washington Had interest in Budinger. Budinger did really well in garbage time against GS.

14. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets said sending him to the NBDL was the previous step to giving him NBA minutes. Adelman said he "has some talent" and that they wanted to give him a chance.

15. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Didn't the Rockets send AB and CL to the Vipers for short "tune up" stints to get in game shape before starting to give them real minutes?

16. Mr Chuck Norris

Whatever they do with Bud, Don't send him to the Suns..... Steve Nash could Turn him to a 20 Point scorer

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I have never seen such marginal roster moves so over-analyzed. They wanted to see how Conroy would do, and turns out we needed him anyway. At the same time, they thought it would be a good opportunity for JT to get some game action.

I don't think 3 NBDL games is a "showcase" for a trade. Anybody targeting Taylor would base more on his college scouting reports. Conroy did not come up to replace Lowry or Brooks. It's possible they could be traded, but I'm sure the logic isn't... "alright, we've got to get whatever we can for AB or Lowry so Conroy can get his minutes."

That being said, there is a decent chance we lose one of our PG's, or Budinger/Taylor in a trade package, so it doesn't hurt to find out what you have in them and as a replacement. But none of this means that we have a deal done.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DD, I have a funny suspicion Budinger is going to get moved as part of the T-Mac trade package. Its going to hurt cuz I really like the kids game, but if he can help upgrade the team Im all for it. Sometimes you have to give to get.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I agree.....he might be moved...ala Donte Greene....but I would rather have Greene now than Artest last year.

;)

DD

20. REEKO_HTOWN

I'd rather have Batum and not have Dorsey? ;)