1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Taylor called back up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 3, 2010.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

RA should play Taylor 6-8 minutes every game, just to rub T-Mac's face in it. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

He was probably only sent to the D-league so that potential suitors for a possible trade could watch him play before making any decisions.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I don't know normally these kind of moves don't do much for me but this one gives me the feeling wheels are starting to move. You are probably right but Taylor and Conroy probably won't play together and i'd think they would rather have him play big minutes then sitting on then bench for most if not all of a game.

4. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

It is wierd but didn't they send him down the game before Lowry went out? Maybe they didn't anticipate Lowry getting hurt and they will probably bring him back up just to fill the bench since there is an extra seat. Heaven forbid we have another injury.... we can't do anything if he wasn't on the roster at game time. I think wen Lowry gets back either Conroy or Taylor will go back down.

On another note, I know its a whole other level of play but it baffles me how we hear about players like Dorsey dominating the D League and look like D-II rejects when they play NBA scrubs in garbage time.

5. LScolaDominates

I think Da Dakota is an insider. He's always right.

6. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I just don't understand this move unless somebody is being traded.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Maybe Kyle Lowry is out for a while

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what's to understand? JT was here all along until they decided to try out conroy, now that another spot opened up it makes sense to bring back JT until Lowry takes the spot back?

who knows, maybe it's tied in to a possible trade, but if it's not, it's still makes sense.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Taylor gained full left hand dribbling out of that experience. The Rockets Rio Grande plan is working.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

the Rockets management is like a woman who can't make up her mind.

11. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Heh, this made me laugh. :)

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Not saying there is a connection, just curious mainly, can a player be traded while assigned to the d league or would he have to be recalled and then traded

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Wow, again? He was just sent to D-League days ago and then called back up for what? Maybe Rick Adelman didn't see much potential in Will Conroy and thought he's not capable of directing the traffic of the team?

At least if they called him back up, play him 6-8 minutes to give him a shot at proving himself he could actually play at this level.

14. chamuco

chamuco Member

In his first three games with Rio Grande he was averaging 18.3 points, second best on the team.

I think what we should be asking is if he is the second best Who is the top scorer, and why didn't they called him up instead?

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Mike Harris is the top scorer... they've already called him up once... or twice ;)

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Jermaine Taylor Time! The only other shooting guard on the team since T-Mac left. It'd be nice to see Budinger start with JT coming up off the bench.

17. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Well that was fast. We barely even saw Conroy.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

conroy isnt leaving

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

THIS.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

naybe they called him back up because hes not as bad as people on clutchfans make him out to be. or maybe they gonna package him in a deal? :eek: