1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Morey to meet with Omer Asik in LA tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jun 30, 2012.

?

Are you excited that Morey is meeting with Asik tonight?

1. Yes!

215 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No!

88 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Depending on the price.

222 vote(s)
    39.4%
  4. Fire Maori!

39 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I feel like ever since Pritchard as fired, there's been this The Departed deal going on between Houston and Portland. They're trying to fight what they perceive to be our moves, but in reality we're just throwing them off the path by misleading the world with who we're interested in.

Case in point: that stupid rumor that got out that Damian Lillard was our secret coveted pick if we traded into the top ten. What that did was get Prtland to select him, remove themselves from the Lowry/Gogi bidding war, and saddle them with what I feel are two heavily overrated rookies next year in Lillard (who drafts a Sr top 10 anymore) and Leonard (GG Portland center, you weren't the first and you won't be the last).

I don't worry about Portland's stupid ownership and proxy management team at all. The bigger intel wars are going on between Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

damn blazers!

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

agreed, the Blazers hate us for some reason

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You guys do remember last season, right? Do y'all remember how god-awful the Rockets looked in PnR defense? Do y'all remember Patrick Patterson being in there at Center a lot late in games (I know you do... you're still complaining about it)? Do you know why he was in there so much? Because he can actually handle himself in PnR situations. Camby and Dalembert couldn't, and it killed the Rockets (especially with Scola's terrible help defense being the "last line of defense").

Now imagine having a 7 ft Center that can not only defend the PnR well like Patterson can... but can also rebound very well (which Patterson can't).

Now imagine having that very same Center defending the PnR with a much better help defender than Scola defending the basket (Patterson).

I'm 100% for this move. $8 million per or not.

1 person likes this.
  5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

How do we know thats not Thibedao's system making him look good and not the other way around

I feel like Asik will be bust signing like Ariza was

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Better than who? Asik?

Randolph has problems getting minutes on every team he's been on for a reason.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And you're such a genious, right? Ooh, let's have fun in cyberspace: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, Morey makes plenty of deals. I honestly believe he'll get something done this time around, whatever it might be. He's just been on a cold streak, Stern be praised, not that Morey has an easy job.

Allow me some sarcasm. The last post was DD-ish frustration.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Better hope they decide to "Hack-a-Asik" because he won't be on the floor at the end of games and we'll have an $8 mill-a year spectator on the bench.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fixed.:grin:

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Put Anthony Randolph on the Bulls, and watch him play as good or if not better than Asik

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trying to remember which big time FA acquisitions the Blazers managed to "close" lately. Jamal Crawford at the 1 year MLE? Wesley Matthews? Andre Miller? Hell, they couldn't close on Hedo (lucky for them).

12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is fine, but at some point the roster has got to be trimmed down. I assume that Gordon and Asik would unltimately need to be SnT that sent players back to Chicago and NO.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He was getting minutes last season looked good.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He won't have the ball in his hands enough for that to even be kind of a problem.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is restricted, correct?

Is there any chance we do a deal for a S&T with the Bulls and give them a few PFs?

DD

16. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Nick Friedell: Look, Omer is a great defender. Bulls Asst. coach Ron Adams thinks he can be best in NBA in a couple years. But his offense regressed badly.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Top notch coaches will exlpoit him. Ask Kendrick Perkins.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just think Randolph is a guy who flashes some and that's it. Plus he's another forward, so comparing him to ASik is irrelevant any ways.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gerald Wallace?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Anthony Randolph, people are still chasing that guy? You've probably been chasing him since his GS days. GS, NY, MIN--nada.