1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Mike Harris to Stay With Rockets Through Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Chuck is a keeper; I dunno about Head, he is kinda streaky and loves to turnover.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like Harris as much as the next guy but he isn't what we need. Not when our entire PF/C rotation is healthy. And I would rather have someone who can create his own shot or shoot at the SF. If everything goes right we don't need him. Seems like we did it simply so no other team could sign him.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is a solid rotational player who brings effort and ability on a nightly basis.

He is a much better fit than Bonzi...glad he is here in Houston.

DD

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

5. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

To me he is a younger version of Bonzi. He plays around the rim a ton, but he needs to develop a more consistent 18 footer.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Which is something Bonzi still doesn't have.

:D

DD

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

adelman said he saw harris as a 3/4, brings size on the court when mcgrady sits, and has the ability to guard the perimeter.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Harris is not, and never will be, a shooting guard.

He is a gritty end of the rotation player, at best.

9. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Bonzi is pretty good at hitting the 18 footer.

I don't know why you need to keep justifying that trade. Right now we would be much better served with Bonzi and James than with Harris and Bobby IMO.

In terms of the FUTURE, yes it was a good trade. But at this moment, I would rather have Bonzi and James because they can create offense.

10. babydill

babydill Member

Bonzi can hit the 18 footer with ease now? Where have I been? He was a mismatch post up player who thrived on picking apart defenses who couldn't size up with him. He was FAR from being a threat with a wide open jump shot. That was never his shot.

Anywho, Mike Harris is a solid player. He ain't getting 1.5 mill though. Bet on it. Fans seem to love the kid so I think he'll be around for a while. He needs to put in some work this off season but good pickup imo. I think we all saw this coming, but still good to hear. :D

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is not a difference maker, of course. But for a small price, he is a very good solid role player. Nice pickup.

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Harris is pretty much 100% making the minimum. It's still good money for a guy that was playing in China earlier this year.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No question about that. I just don't see any minutes for him when we are healthy. He is another Snyder. Whereas a shooter or player that can create for himself may actually provide some impact.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah, unless someone knows how the Rockets can circumvent the CBA Harris got a minimum deal for a 1st year player. Which means he got the lowest deal in the league right now. But as you said he was playing in china not so long ago. I also agree with the assessment that Harris is a gritty end of the bench player. Good to have but please don't compare him to Bonzi.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

alston jackson brooks francis
    mcgrady head
    battier harris
    scola (landry) novak
    yao hayes

----
    try to trade
    jackson for jeff foster (both $6m and expiring)
    or
    brooks/+pick for sean williams/jason smith
    and
    acquire another playmaker

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What if.............Harris develops a 40% 3 point shot?

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Wrong.

18. liangqj

liangqj Member

I really want to see both Landry(PF) and Hariis(SF) on the court.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

We saw that last week. Landry came back and he, Chuck and Mike were on the court at the same time. It wasn't a horrible combo but I don't think it worked the way it could have. Luther and Bobby Jax were also on the court at that point I think.

I believe it was in the Warriors game. I will have to go back and watch.

I, for one, am thrilled to see Mike get the additional time on his contract. I figured we would sign him through the end of the season but another year is more than I expected.

And for those who said he isn't a difference maker... I am pretty sure during one game of the streak he came in and basically hustled his way into helping us win.

He can shoot, is smart and works hard. Just the type of player Adelman likes.

Next year is going to be pretty well set... depending on what trades Morey makes I can see most of the guys returning for another really successful season.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Nice move. I just hope they find a quality center in the draft this year. PLEASE do not draft anymore guards!