1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Four charged over JFK 'bomb plot'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6715443.stm

I over heard on Fox News that this attack being described as a Jihadist/Islamist attack. To me, it seems almost propaganda like.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'll agree that it has that feel, but the important thing is it was a threat, the plot was discovered before it entered the execution stage, and the suspects were arrested.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I was once on the subway with a clearly insane man from Guyana, as these people are from. Anyway, he kept walking up and down the car, screaming "Who wants to f-k with Guyana! Nobody wants to f-k with Guyana! Cause you f-k with Guyana, WE COME TO YOUR HOUSE!!!!!" Repeat, again and again. He did it all the way from 14th street to Wall street.

BTW I would wager dolars to dougnuts that the idea to blow up anairport fuel pipeline came from an episode of CSI.

4. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Member

BTW I would wager dolars to dougnuts that the idea to blow up anairport fuel pipeline came from an episode of CSI.

When I heard what they where going to blow up my mind flashed to that episode of CSI: Miami too.

5. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Yeah yeah, and 9/11 was orchestrated by the Mossad right?

When will you guys come to terms with the fanaticism in Islam and take the blinders off?

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

You're an ass. I never said that this was not a threat. I am pointing out that I feel that this is being treated as propaganda.

The fanaticism in Islam is just as prevalent as Al Qaeda. How many successful convictions have there been for suspected members of Al Qaeda?

The media hates Muslims. The media wants to make Arabs the new Black.

Additionally, how do you feel knowing that JFK was being targeted, New Yorker?

7. giddyup

giddyup Member

Really?

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. Do you not watch Fox News?

9. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

wait, by propaganda do you mean that Fox made this up?

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

No. I believe it is exaggerated. I believe that these suspects were working independently of any organization and that this is not some secret Jihadist plot.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Don't ya know? EVERYONE is Al-Qaida now. If a common criminal happens to be a Muslim and ends up robbing a couple of banks, you will get this headline on Fox or CNN: "BREAKING NEWS: GLOBAL ISLAMIST MUSLIMIC JIHADIST MILITANT TERRORIST NETWORK STRIKES U.S. FINANCIAL DISTRICTS"...then they will interview a couple of 'witnesses' who've been thoroughly brainwashed by the general paranoia testifying that the perpetrators were holding Korans in their right hands and threatening to behead people, all the while screaming, "ALLAHU AKBAR".

On a serious note though, I haven't really read much about this specific 'plot' so I am not entirely familiar with the details. But as is the case with most of these 'plots' the public is intentionally kept in the dark in regards to a lot of the operational stuff that took place. So in these cases you simply have to 'trust' that our government is completely truthful and honest in everything they tell us.

Oh, and once again I feel compelled to plug in the following book for those interested in the topic: "Covering Islam" by Edward Said.

#11 tigermission1, Jun 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  12. NewYorker

It's still a secret Jihadist plot if they are working independently. Whether they are inspired by text or whatever - they are still working under the fanatical banner. Being independent doesn't mean they are not islamic terrorists.

If Muslims really care so much about the media's portrayel of their religion, maybe they should start taking a strong stance against these Muslims instead of blaming the west for everything bad that happens. Yes, the U.S. and the western countries created anger and was unfair, but does that excuse terrorism?

I love it how so many Muslims argue that The U.S. practices terror and are no different then Al Qaeda and extremists. It's quite revealing - and then you begin to see that it's not media propaganda that gives Islam a bad name - it's the apologist Muslims who try to equate the targeting of innocent civilians for Jihad with the "oppression" by the U.S.

When people make excuses, they don't realize they are actually trying to justify those actions and are in fact showing indirect support.

It's like if a boy rapes a girl or burns down a house and the mother says, "well - boys will be boys ya know, that girl was probably a slut too". And then the mother crys about media propaganda?

I wish Muslims would stand-up against terrorism. Maybe then I'd give a hoot about having their feelings trampled upon when a terrorist plot is stopped.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

We are not responsible for your 3 year old like attention span. If you cannot bother to pay attention, then don't pretend Muslims aren't doing anything. Duh.

14. NewYorker

That's all you got? That's it? An artcile about a BBC coorespondent as proof of Muslims trying to clean up the hate?

I remember the polls done back in 2003 where majority of muslims in numerous countries including Jordan and Morraco supported using terrorism to support the defense of Islam, and continuing polls where Jews & Christians are not trustworthy and etc.

Fact is there are still millions upon millions, if not 100's of millions of muslims that still view Bin Laden favorably and see suicide bombers as martyrs.

No we are not responsible for your ignorance, the chip on your shoulder, or your inability to debate without getting angry and throwing out insults hiding behind a computer screen. But we are all threatned and at risk by Islamic Fanatics - including you - and the lack of responsibility that Muslims assign to the brainwashing that goes on in places such as Palestine (remember the hate-mongering mickey mouse? ). You want to cry about the media's portrayel of the illegal activities of Muslims, how about crying about the people who have been killed by those of your faith?

#14 NewYorker, Jun 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

You're doing it again. Maybe next time I will put a story in pretty colors so you will pay attention.

16. NewYorker

Well - at least we know why Muslims don't do much - they are all in denial and think they have already done enough. If you want a case in point, just look in the mirror.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, No! You're pointing out that I am not a guilt-ridden Muslim! Oh dear, I must go out immediately and tell the media that I am sorry for everything that is done and accept my blue band with the white crecent!

Or...

You could pretend that you had a clue and actually pay attention to how the world works. Try going a few weeks without getting your daily muslim news from Worldnetdaily and Jihad watch: maybe your misconceptions will clear up like a bad case of herpes.

18. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

PBS is way ahead of everyone.

[​IMG]

19. NewYorker

I really wonder how you feel about all those Muslims who feel Bin Laden is a hero. Are you one of them? Seriously - you act like there's only a tiny few who are promoting hate. And your reaction to discussing it is to say that it must be other's misconceptions and that the problem is with people's view of muslims instead of a problem with muslim culture.

You're a big part of the reason why Muslims are protrayed the way they are in media ironically. It's so odd that you whine about it when you unwittingly facilitate it by attacking others instead of addressing the issues with the hate mongering.

There's no point for us to continue. You can write back and have the last word. I'm sure you'll throw some insults in there - go for it if it makes you feel better.

20. Mr. Brightside

You know what's sad and scary at the same time. That while you are an Indian with brown skin, that most white Americans will just assume you are Muslim anyways.