1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

found this, what do yall think?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cuneo77, Feb 20, 2007.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I agree with you.

Guys this is NOT about talent.

Bonzi (as much as I hate to say because I LOVED that the Rockets got him in preseason) does NOT fit the Rockets, we have a post player (YAO) and another that can post also (BATTIER), Bonzi that is his major talent, he isnt a jump shooter, which Rockets will need when Yao gets back.

Flip can shoot the 3, Dale Davis can be solid boarder for 15-20 minutes a game. Another Chuck Hayes, with more playoff experience would not disappoint me. Flip is a poor mans Luther TRUE, but thats not a bad deal, because Luther can't play that many minutes, he is more productive in my opinion with less time.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I love how they say that bonzi and jvg are not getting along so the roxs must be stupid enough to give away the following:

As for Detroit, Wells would give them a proven perimeter scorer off the bench who would create another mismatch for opponents to worry about. I sometimes struggle with the idea that Wells is in fact a guard, because he rebounds the ball so well.

A big no on this, even if bonzi is on lease.

3. blackistan

blackistan Member

I dont understand why everybody wants to get rid of bonzi this is a guy who can do really big things for us come playoff time and become the consistent 3rd scorer we need

4. rocket3forlife2

I rather have mcdyess and hunter instead

5. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

6. goyao11

goyao11 Member

How bout we get Tmac to convince Vince to opt out early, take the vet's minimum, and join the Rox as a six man off the bench?

Sounds plausible to me :D

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

great find. but the trade doesnt make sense for the rox, we dont need another undersized 2 or 40 year old.

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

Philadelphia 76ers

Incoming Players
    Photo: Bonzi Wells
    Bonzi Wells
    Salary: $2,115,000 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 7.4 REB: 4.1 AST: 1.1 PER: 8.84
    Photo: Kirk Snyder
    Kirk Snyder
    Salary: $1,537,440 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 4.9 REB: 2.2 AST: 1.1 PER: 13.09
    Photo: Bob Sura
    Bob Sura
    Salary: $3,840,000 Years Remaining: 2

Houston Rockets

Incoming Players
    Photo: Andre Miller
    Andre Miller
    Salary: $8,966,666 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 13.2 REB: 4.3 AST: 8.2 PER: 16.03

Outgoing Players: Bonzi Wells, Kirk Snyder, Bob Sura

How about this trade? Although Philly might not do it.

9. Sextuple Double

How about Shane shoot jumpers and Bonzi post. Flip will disappear come playoff time, it aint even a question. Where was he when Lebron was single-handedly taking out Detroit. Dale Davis!? The guy is damn near 40. We're lucky Mutombo is doing well, let's not push our luck.

Bottom line is this is stupid, real stupid. It only helps Detroit. It came from a Detroit writer after all

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Here's what I read in that blog...

By picking up Flip Murray, the Rockets would be taking a gamble similar to the one they took with Wells. However, when you consider he would be taking a roster spot vacated by a guy who hasn't played since the 2005 season (Sura) due to back and knee injuries, the worst that can happen is Murray will give you exactly what the guy he replaced, gave you -- nothing. The potential upside, however, is huge. When Murray's on top of his game - which hasn't happened too much in Detroit - he can be unstoppable. If he puts together a stretch like that in the playoffs, and Yao and T-Mac are healthy, the Rockets could be an emerging sleeper out West.

It's not a gamble worth taking, IMO. The upside of having Bonzi is much larger than having Dale Davis and Flip Murray. Just say HELL NO.

11. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

So, our point guards would be Skip and Flip ?

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The only trade I would do with the Pistons involves McDyess, Webber, or Wallace puting on a Rockets uniform. Nazr and Davis are the only bigs I want no part of if I'm the Rockets. Bonzi is still an asset to this team, and it will perhaps be displayed in the playoffs. I'd rather take that risk than to have Davis and Flip trying to fit.