1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fort Hood]Hasan Frequented Local Strip Club

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by PointForward, Nov 9, 2009.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

??? :confused: do i seem pissed off?

i'm not.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

kool and the gang. i misread.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember reading about the rather un-Islamic behavior of the 9/11 hijackers. There are a couple of explanations that might make sense.

The first is that they were trained to blend in and even obfuscate their background. A bunch of single guys in their 20's and 30's would be expected to party it up every now and then and the last place you would be looking to find Islamic extremists is in a Daytona strip club. I don't know how much that applies to Hasan but there is no doubt that the 9/11 hijackers were extremely dedicated to their cause.

The second is that they might have had a disconnect in their minds in regard to their earthly behavior and their sacred mission. Consider how often we hear of publically pious people engaging in all sorts of lascivious behavior. At the sametime having been under a strict code of behavior they find it harder to avoid earthly temptations.

Its also possible that they felt that since they already were dedicated to a holy mission that those sorts of transgressions would be forgiven or even that they were due those sorts of things.

I think in Hasan's case he is obviously mentally unbalanced so there might not be any rational reason, at least to anyone else besides him, for his behavior.

4. MadMax

i think you have to have some degree of being mentally unbalanced to plot and excecute a plot to randomly kill people.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily. Consider if someone were brought up in a society to fully believe that some other group were the enemy and it didn't matter whether they were civillians or military or women or children. You could convince someone then to undertake something like that and it would be completely rational.

There was a famous study, I forgot the name of it, where people were told to administer electric shocks to someone who they didn't know just on the word of someone appearing to be an authority figure.

6. MadMax

How in the world was this guy going to be deployed?

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-...l-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-MI) said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

CIA director Leon Panetta and the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, have been asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents and intelligence files that relate to Hasan, according to the lawmaker.

Hoekstra said he is "absolutely furious" that the house intel committee has been refused an intelligence briefing by the DNI or CIA on Hasan's attempt to reach out to al Qaeda, as first reported by ABC News.

Investigators want to know if Hasan maintained contact with a radical mosque leader from Virginia, Anwar al Awlaki, who now lives in Yemen and runs a web site that promotes jihad around the world against the U.S.

According to his site, Awlaki served as an imam in Denver, San Diego and Falls Church, Virginia.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that Major Hasan attended the Falls Church mosque when Awlaki was there.

The Telegraph of London reported that Awlaki had made contact with two of the 9/11 hijackers when he was in San Diego.

He denied any knowledge of the hijacking plot and was never charged with any crime. After an intensive investigation by the FBI, Awlaki moved to Yemen.

People who knew or worked with Hasan say he seemed to have gradually become more radical in his disapproval of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

On Sunday, Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) called for an investigation into whether the Army missed signs as to whether Hasan was an Islamic extremist.

"If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have a zero tolerance," Lieberman told Fox News Sunday.

A fellow Army doctor who studied with Hasan, Val Finell, told ABC News, "We would frequently say he was a Muslim first and an American second. And that came out in just about everything he did at the University."

Finell said he and other Army doctors complained to superiors about Hasan's statements.

"And we questioned how somebody could take an oath of office…be an officer in the military and swear allegiance to the constitution and to defend America against all enemies, foreign and domestic and have that type of conflict," Finell told ABC News.

The Army Chief of Staff, General George Casey, raised concerns over the weekend that innocent Muslim soldiers could suffer as a result of the shooting at Fort Hood.

"I think the speculation (on Hasan's Islamic roots) could potentially heighten backlash against some of our Muslim soldiers," he said on ABC's "This Week."

#26 MadMax, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  7. MadMax

i suppose by some technical definition of "mentally unbalanced" you're right.

i didn't mean it technically. i just think blowing people up flippin sucks.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

can't get any good recommendations, and i don't want to waste my money on ugly/dirty chicks.

if i knew i was going to die, i doubt i'd mind so much about the details.

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

rly???

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

As JV replied to my inquiry last week: Catch-22?

This could be potentially problematic for the admin and the national security crew. Remember Bush was blamed for missing the signs of 9/11.

11. MadMax

I doubt seriously that Obama is made aware of this level of detail for an individual. Very different from missing an attack of this scale with as many people involved for as long as they were in developing and executing that plan.

It leaves you wondering if the CIA was going to bother sharing the information with the army or not, though.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Somebody should lose their job and potentially be court marshaled/tried in federal court (depending on whether it is army officials/CIA officials) if they really knew all this crap and notified no one. Some one has major blood on their hands.

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

It seems possible that they might've wanted to keep it secret so they could follow it as a lead to higher-ranking al-Qaeda members.

14. MadMax

could be. that's pretty dangerous, though. obviously.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you saying this info was presented to Obama?

16. MadMax

he's not saying it was presented to hillary. :D

17. vlaurelio

true but they should have put that guy on 24-hr surveillance

18. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Pay attention, I didn't mention Obama.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Major failure by both the Army and CIA here. Has the CIA not learned anything from 9/11????

A guy in the army tries to contact Al Qaeda and they sit on that??? WTF???

20. vlaurelio

who's Bush's counterpart today?

Or howbout this?

are you saying this info was presented to the admin and national security crew?