1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rockets GM: Most unstoppable thing he’s ever seen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Embiid has Dream potential. there I said it

tinman likes this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Answer of the year!

Patience and tinman like this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

About fed up with small ball. Also with small ball it usually means we have above average shooters and ball handlers bit we have below average.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But Embiid is shooting 60% from deep midrange, and 42% from 3.

I can agree with their offensive games being similar, but Embiid is on a different level this year with his Percentages. LMA never shot this well.

His midrange is currently at Paul, Irving, Durant levels. Here's the receipts

[​IMG]

* Durant 2019 FGM and FGA are extrapolated downward for half a season of his full 2019 numbers.

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Say what you will, Embiid is incredible. Him and Harden when have been a show for the ages. Makes the reports about the 76ers refusing to lift protections all the more baffling.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm guessing Harden's act scared even Morey away lol. Plus Embiid wasn't playing this well last season so I guess Morey was thinking just him and Harden ain't gonna be enough to get it done, not after everyone went 1 and done vs the Lakers. Only reason Nets did the deal is cuz they already had a core of KD, Irving and Jordan so Harden would just put them over the top. OTH Embiid and Harden would prob put them a little bit over the Nets but still below the Lakers.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Embiid is an incredible player. He's worthy of the "unstoppable" adjective. The post-up game he has is incredible. Not only that, he can pass extremely well so if you double he can make you pay by passing to a capable shooter. And we haven't even talked about forcing the switch or the ability to be the passer on the pick-n-roll/pop.

His success is entirely predicated upon how good the other players are. With the Philly team ranking top-3 in capex, I'd expect that team to do extremely well. I'm expecting trades if they don't make EC Finals.

Jokic has a similar game. Has a bright future. Very successful team considering Nuggets' capex is extremely low.

8. riko

riko Member

Harden, Embiid, Harris, Curry and co would be on par with the lakers.The current Nets are just a level above everyone else at this point . Even the Lakers fully healthy will struggle with this Nets who are not done improving. They have their entire MLE for future buyouts and a very valuable trade chip in Dinwiddie

#48 riko, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Morey also talked up 13 as if he was better than MJ.

darryl bring Darryl

roslolian, tycoonchip and tinman like this.
  10. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Embiid is really good. Nothing controversial here.

11. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Morey doing Morey like things.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey is the king of hype.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

R. Anderson and company should have been plenty. Some kind of weird curse in the Playoffs...

14. riko

riko Member

Ryan Anderson is never enough

roslolian likes this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That hall of famer?

tinman likes this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Wilt says hello...o_O

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wasn't overlooking Wilt. To be clear, by scoring rate I meant points scored per possession played. Wilt played about 130 possessions a game that season he averaged 50 ppg. That would mean Embiid's per possession scoring is higher.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Edit: Yolo is telling me this isn't an actual Morey quote, but rather someone who wishes to remain anonymous. I was bamboozled! Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31027277/nba-insiders-say-all-3s-reaching-critical-mass

"Cap the amount of 3-pointers a team can take over the course of a game.

Over the first 42 minutes of the game, each team would have the chance to attempt 20 shots from beyond the arc that would count for three points. Once an offense runs out of those 20 attempts, it can keep shooting from behind the line, but each subsequent make would count for only two points -- until the 6:00 mark of the fourth quarter, when attempts would once again worth three points until the game is over. The 3-ball is still the most reliable and entertaining way for teams to mount comebacks at all levels of basketball, so it's smart to showcase them at the game's most dramatic moments."

#58 vator, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    HP3 and Patience like this.
  19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Honestly I got so much less impressed with all the 60s records: Wilt's 100 pts, 50 and 25, Oscar's triple doubles, when I saw real game play tape from that era. It was just all run and gun from both teams all game. Extremely high FGA with extremely low FG%. Low passing, high bad jumpers. It was just a really weird era for basketball.

20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Cp3 pulled his hammy in year 1 for the pivotal playoff games.

Cp3 in year 2 had the WORST PLAYOFF SERIES OF HIS CAREER... when Harden(statistically the best player in that series) needed him the most.

These are facts.... You are delusional.

roslolian likes this.