1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rockets Coach JVG wants an end to FLOPPING!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 30, 2007.

1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Only when he is a coach of a team and has players willing to take charges... :D

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

oh the old JVG that we knew and loved... too bad it's kinda hard to get better when you don't have experience. Not everyone is born a freak to play ball like Lebron.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol! He ended up at half court. Geez.

4. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I prefer the tech - ft plus posession. Plus, do it 2 times and you're out. that would make them think twice.

which I believe is more like the fifa model anyway, right? yellow card = first tech, red card = you're ejected. there are many fouls in soccer which don't result in cards.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

JVG needs to finally shut up

he prepared hayes and battier everyday for flopping

what is he talking about?!

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

wow. i lost so much respect for horry just b/c of this postseason

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's just the old guy getting desperate... he doesn't have many more years left and wants to win even if he has to play dirrrrrty.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

taking a charge is not a flop. driving with the ball and not really getting touched and throwing yourself to the ground like you got punched IS a flop. Battier and Hayes frequently ran in front of defenders and got the $hit knocked out of them. When their feet were planted, they got the call. When they were not, they got called for a block. Flopping is when you FAKE or EXAGGERATE contact (lots of times on screens). They didn't do that. There is a HUGE difference, amel

for some reason that post really pissed me off :confused:

#28 Blake, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  9. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

Was that Harpring? I hate the babyfaced flopper.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

comon, like they never flopped

sure, they are taking charges 90 percent of the time, but the other 10 is flopping, probably even more

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Shane would occasionally overact, but he did at least take the charge when he got the offensive foul call. That clip of Horry is what Van Gundy and a lot of other people are complaining about. And after the debacle of Game 4 the other night where both San Antonio and Utah seemed to be trying to one-up the other with their flopping, I think the league really does need to do something to clean this up.

Unfortunately, David Stern will continue to ignore the problem so he can protect the Spurs. He doesn't wanna publically admit that the team on the verge of winning 3 out of the last 5 titles is filled with dirty floppers.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Your previous post insinuated (sp??) that they are floppers and JVG taught them to be that way. Totally off base and typical I Hate JVG BS

13. rocketsmetalspd

ESPN has that trade machine working again. They had a trade with Rockets and Lakers at number seven in top 7 trades scenarios for Kobe. The trade would have T-Mac and Sura to the Lakers for Kobe and Radmonvic plus the 26th pick. If a trade for Kobe would be done by the Rockets I would just trade T-Mac and Sura for Kobe and Turiaf.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How can you play defense without the charging call? :confused:

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Just have it be a no call. The shot doesn't usually go in on that play.

16. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

I agree with some people on this thread. Taking a chrage should REMAIN a call, but flopping shuold be penalized. And if the referee's aren't too sure if it was a charge or flop. They should get the chance to review the play.
    Now if it was a flop, give the player a TECH,not just an ordinary foul, but a tech,so it won't be done again.
    That's how i think it should be fixed.

Oh and JVG hates the flop, not the charge..to my point of view atleast.

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Make it like the delay of game call....first flop is a warning, second flop is a free throw, third flop is 2 FT's. 4th flop call (in a game) could be turned a Technical.

Making the 4th flop a Technical would put Ginobili right up there with Rasheed. If they'd ever have the balls to call it on him the way it should be called.

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I've never actually heard JVG commentate a game, is there a clip of any sort that has him saying something?

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

yesterday it was pretty good, he was all hyped up :confused: :eek:

probably got a new job

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I agree and don't like the theatrics that go with a legitimate charge. It was funny seeing both fisher and manu flop at the same time. Also, manu flops are so theatrical he deserves a call.

However, the charge must stay in the game for push offs and running somebody over. However, I don't like the charge and the guard loses his man and leaps in the air and somebody slides underneath them for a charge. This has to stop.