1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rocket Michael Dickerson returning to the nba

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by arjun, Oct 2, 2008.

1. arjun

arjun Member

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

wow... can't believe hes still around.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I just searched him on the web a couple of days back, he had some wheels on him....

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Good for him!

5. TheyCallmeExMan

get er done morey

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Back then, between him and Mobley, I was hoping we'd keep him in the Francis trade.

What was the joke Bill and Calvin used to make during one of his fast break drives? He had rocket shoes or something?

I forgot about his averages post-Rockets! What a hoss. At least he won't have to go back to the Grizzlies.

7. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Really hope he does well...I really like him when he was with the Rockets. A little mad when we traded him but we got Francis.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Wish him the best, he was so awesome that one year he was here.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/This_Date_In_Compaq_Center_His-57797-34.html
    [​IMG]

Mar. 25, 1999
    Led by rookies Cuttino Mobley and Michael Dickerson, the Rockets make a team-record 17 three-pointers in a 113-104 win over the Toronto Raptors. Mobley and Dickerson both set the Rockets rookie record for three-pointers made by nailing seven bombs apiece. Dickerson finishes the night with 28 points while Mobley pours in 26. Charles Barkley records a near triple-double with 19 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists.

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Man, I'm glad he's making a comeback. He was soooo awesome!

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Michael Dickerson was always a very intriguing guy to me. He had flashes where he looked like a top tier role player at times. Other times, he just kind of did his job, which isn't a bad thing either.

I wish the best of luck to him. Always seemed like a quality person on the court.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wish him well. A great guy.

13. cson

cson Contributing Member

He's a really good guy, glad he is back!

14. alethios

alethios Member

He has a helluva motor and still works out to stay in shape. Looking at him, he reminds me of a smaller version of Joey Dorsey, albeit with a better shooting touch. You never know, there may still be chance for him in Houston if he gets waived by the Cavs. I daresay he is probably in better shape, physically and mentally, than Steve Francis.

15. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I wish him all the best, I liked him his brief time here.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I really liked Dickerson when he was with the Rockets. Many people point to the "1998 NBA Draft Debacle" of passing on Rashard Lewis three times in the first round. But, to this day, I believe that Michael Dickerson was worthy at the time of being selected over Rashard. It was the Bryce Drew and Mirsad Turkcan picks that were indefensible.

I was sad to see Dickerson leave for Vancouver, but the Rockets had to give up value to get value, and Michael was the linchpin in the Rockets' package for Steve Francis.

I wish Dickerson the best of luck in his comeback attempt. Great Rockets draft pick and a quality guy.

17. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Man, I thought I was the only one who remembered they joked about it!

They said he had afterburners :)

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

good read, I remember him and Cat being close when they were rookies, I remember people gave him a hard time being labled as "Drexler's replacement" kinda like how Pete Myers was for Jordan after his first retirement. In a sense, I thought he was a worthy replacement, didn't emulate Clyde's game one bit, but liked what he brought to the table.

Good to see he did something with his life when he retired rather than go out of the country and smoke pot (im looking at you Ricky Williams)

19. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

dudee...i so remember this guy!! i remember him being pretty good too. then i noticed he wasnt playing for the rockets anymore and i'ver always wondered where he went.

lol how old is he now?

20. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I always thought this guy had his career cut short because of severe tendinitis in his knees or something to that affect. Guess he just vanished from the continent. Interesting. Good luck to him.