1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rocket Jim Petersen Coming out of Retirement

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 1, 2008.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

www.startribune.com/sports/petersenretirement

Former Gopher All American and NBA player with the Houston Rockets and Sacremento Kings and current Timberwolves color commentator today in a surprise announcement has said he is coming out of retirement to play with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Petersen has said he was inspired by the anouncement of former teammate Hakeem Olajuwan's announcement that he was going to play again for the Houston Rockets.

When reached by phone for verification Petersen said, "Its incredible hearing about Dream coming back and playing. When I heard that I said if one of the Two Towers is coming back then they need me the Ivory Tower to come back back him up. I mean Dream and the Rox would've never been so good in 1986 without me, the Ivory Tower, coming in to spell Dream and Ralph."

Reports are Petersen first contacted Daryl Morey, the general manager of the Houston Rockets, to see if he could sign on as Olajuwon's back up. According to Morey, "Its been a crazy day here with getting Dream back and then the Ivory Tower calling. I was about to sign him but then I realized we already had signed one center, Loren Woods, who used to be part of the Timberwolves organization and according to NBA rules unless you are the Boston Celtics you can't sign more than one former Timberwolve at a time.

Petersen undaunted contacted the Timberwolves who were more than happy to have the former Gopher great on their team. According to general manager Kevin McHale, "This is great! now I have someone to trade when Robert Parish comes out of retirement for the Celtics."

[​IMG]

2. ABtheTerrorist

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A day late and 50 cents short...

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^ Check the date of the start of the thread.