1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Former Nevada Powerbroker Guilty of Making Illegal Contributions to Sen. Harry Reid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 30, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Former Nevada Powerbroker Guilty of Making Illegal Contributions to Sen. Harry Reid – Update: Mistrial on lying charge

The Associated Press reports that Harvey Whittemore skirted campaign finance laws in order to make contributions in others’ names to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Whittemore was just found guilty this afternoon by a US Judge on three counts of making illegal campaign contributions.

The jury is still deadlocked on a fourth charge involving lying to the FBI.

According to an AP report in 2012, Reid’s office said the money donated has been given to charity.

UPDATE 6:10pm EST: The jury has returned on the last remaining charge against Whittemore. From Reno Gazette Journal:

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Great. You and basso trying to out-douche each other in the number of we-hate-Obama threads.

1 person likes this.
  3. bobmarley

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. bobmarley

haha... I got a lot to say today. Or more appropriately the news has a lot to say.

I am following protocol in all cases BTW. If you would like to report me please feel free.

It's pretty funny that you didn't speak to the actual article. You are more out of line than I am in this instance.