1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former NBA Ref on Game 7 Officiating: "Something Was Strange" on @JoshInnesShow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 29, 2018.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-best-worst-referees-20160131-story.html

Foster, 48, who got the worst grades of any referee, has been in the business for 22 seasons.

"He had one of our playoff games and as soon as he walked in, I was like, 'This game is over.' We all knew we were going to get bad calls, and we did," said one veteran player. "You couldn't say anything to him. Hell, I don't think you could even look at him."

"You can't talk to him. He's never wrong," one player complained about Foster. "I like refs where they say, 'You know what, I made a mistake. I saw it at halftime. You were right.' But Scott Foster thinks he never makes a mistake. The players see the stats of how he is on the road. He always helps the road team out. He loves to stick it to teams."

D-rock and clutch citizen like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

No, it means he’s using regular season stats, and that his claims are less than useless to the current debate.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Call the foul, don’t give the shots. How many of those was he responsible for?

D-rock likes this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Don't bring up facts, they don't like those. It's too easy to stick with the tired mantra that we should have played better and you can't blame officiating. Normally that is correct but these games were rigged. CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. Our players getting knocked down and knowing they had no chance to win in two straight games had absolutely no impact on how our team played at any point, right? They bring up BS charts the NBA puts out for the people that didn't watch the game and you bring out actual game video showing the rigged game. Bad movie Batman vs Superman had one good point, "the world only makes sense if you force it to." The only justice you get is the justice you enforce. When you stay silent you get what you deserve. The only way to right this wrong is to wreck the NBA. It appears management has the right mission.

D-rock and Bobbythegreat like this.