1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former NBA player coming out of the closet on Valentine's day?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Feb 6, 2007.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yes, but only by this guy...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJXWFZz0Qjo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJXWFZz0Qjo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

edit: will respond to your post below shortly, madmax. got busy here at work all of a sudden.

#81 OmegaSupreme, Feb 8, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Omega --

I don't mean to put you on the spot...but what do you think of this?

Is this story being overhyped? Or do you see it as significant?

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Holy **** Omega...that video is hilarious. Especially the last part...

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

That's when you know Tracy McGrady is not anywhere even close on the media radar. I guess in this case it's a good thing, becuase he appears a little homophobic when he says: "Don't try it with me". I agree with everything else he said though. Be proud of who you are and it shouldn't even be a story.

Lebron said the same thing and he's getting a little criticism.

That's what the media does. When you sell, they hype you up or they criticize you too much. When you can't sell anymore, they don't care either way.

That quote is 2 days old. I am surprised nobody quoted Tmac. He was the first to speak on the subject before Doc Rivers, Grant HIll and Lebron James did. In this case it works out for the better. We don't need any off the court attention about the Rockets unless it's about the way they're playing.

5. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Not surprising that he had a deadbeat dad. That seems to be a pretty common cause for homosexuality, no male role model.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sloan said something like "pansy", and wasn't referring to sexuality, but a lack of toughness, and Amaechi's friends just wanted to stir things up. I don't know obviously, but it's pretty likely.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

shaq's comments made lebron and pierce seem ignorant in comparison.

7. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Uhh....why is he wearing the new jersey?
    [​IMG]

8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Ignore my post, I thought we released him before we got the new jerseys. Guess not....

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That quote makes me like T-Mac even more.

Be yourself and be proud of it. Everything else is a bunch of crap.

Exactly right.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know what else is a common cause for homosexuality? Being sexually attracted to other men.

I'll never understand why people insist on believing there has to be a cause for homosexuality or that it's a choice of some sort. Maybe it is. I have no way of knowing. All I know is I have no choice in whether or not I'm attracted to women. It just comes natural. That being the case, I see no reason not to assume that gay men are just as naturally attracted to other men. I mean, is that really even a choice worth considering? "Hmmm. I know! I'll choose the sexual orientation that will make my life the most difficult!"

Nonsense.

11. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I heard Greg Anthony talking about Lebron's comments and he said that if a gay NBA player is dating women, he's deliberately deceiving his teammates.

Some people are bi-sexual. I haven't heard one person in the media even mention the term. It's like everyone is either straight, or gay.

12. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Okay, so if someone's life could be made less difficult, wouldn't you want to try to eliminate the factors that lead to that difficult life? Sadly, this societal trend of embracing homosexuality as a positive identity due mostly to media and political pressure has made it so even a suggestion of trying to find and eliminate or atleast lessen the causes of homosexual attractions is considered a bigoted or backward viewpoint. It makes it very difficult to discuss in a reasonable manner when people only accept a monolithic view on the subject from the outset.