1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Astros Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by torque, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

No.

And no.

Nook likes this.
  2. Screaming Fist

Drew Gilbert has a 159 wRC+ in AA since the trade. Will he be a top 50 or a top 25 prospect next season?

3. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Yes.

And he may have been if he was still with the Astros.

And I am still thrilled at the trade.

vince and lnchan like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know for sure, he will be ranked higher being in the Mets system though.

He better keep hitting though, he doesn't steal bases and the recent reports on the glove are that most think he is a corner outfielder.

It would have been really nice to keep him, but I'll take Verlander - and the Astros are loaded in the outfield in the big leaguers and the minors.

Ryan Clifford is showing power in A+ ball but his batting average is under .200

vince, Radricky and Snake Diggit like this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Gilbert is okay... but he only has 1 triple for the Mets and no bunt hits. Talk about lazy

6. HTown2017Champs

Dana said during either the press conference or while on a radio show "we traded two corner outfielders" for Verlander. While I instantly assumed this was just gamesmanship, I have heard people question his ability to stay in center. He's been frequently compared to both Andrew Benintendi and Brett Gardner, both college CFs who became corner outfielders in the big leagues.

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - I will admit what I saw of his glove, he appeared good enough to stay in center, but I saw maybe 30 innings of him in centerfield and there was only 1-2 mildly difficult plays. He wasn't a burner but seemed fine... but I have had several people I trust say that his break on the ball isn't good enough for someone that isn't a burner.

I think his bat will be better than Gardner. He is similar to Benintendi before all of his power was sapped. The concern some scouts have is that they think there is some concerns with his contact profile compared to the power output.

I think he will be a pretty good corner outfielder, but they are not exactly an endanged species.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I believe I can hit!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say "**** you Jobu", I do it myself."

Joe Joe likes this.
  10. HTown2017Champs

Keuchel got to 10 years of service time. I'm very happy for him. Always a class act, and pitched well for us. Considering how bad he looked at times the last two years, it was looking like he may not get there, but I'm glad he found a team this year and stuck around to get to ten years. Now, whenever he does retire, he gets the full pension.

11. Radricky

Radricky Member

Congrats to dk!
    I'll always root for him to succeed.
    Unless it's against the Astros of course.

vince and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. Qan

Qan Member

Glad for Keuchel. I kind felt bad that he couldn't get the 10 years service time, but happy for him that he did.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So I decided to look on Baseball Reference to see how close Altuve, Springer, and Correa were to Ramirez's 29 homers in the postseason record, and I noticed Colby Rasmus is the current postseason leader in OBP, slugging, and OPS based on their default minimum PAs with a 0.571 OBP, 1.038 slugging, and 1.610 OPS.

1200x0.jpg

BTW....
    Altuve 23
    Springer 19
    Correa 18

vince likes this.
  15. jayfree

jayfree Member

Siri (Tampa) L
    Springer (Toronto) L
    Correa (Minnesota) W

Can't wait to see if we play against Correa soon

prs325 likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Former Astros did not have anything close to memorable games today.

Nook likes this.
  17. vince

vince Member

Don’t forget Yuli Gurriel. But he came up empty with runners in scoring position.

jayfree likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Gurriel really faded the 2nd half of the season .210 avg, 1 HR, 10 RBIs and only started 24 of the 52 games. It's good to see him back in the post season though and think he should get the start today (playoff Yuli is no joke and may save their season)

He did have 8 RBIs and a HR in limited playing time in September (31 ABs) so there's that.

vince likes this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

I guess we can add:
    Will Smith (Texas) W - didn't play
    Grossman (Texas) W - was with our team only through the lean years though
    Miley (Milwaukee) L - didn't play

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

The play Correa made home to throw Bo out was pretty memorable. He ran a long way too and then the classic cannon arm we all remember