1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Astros Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by torque, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

snowconeman22 and RunninRaven like this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shame to see such a promising career go up in smoke.

Joe Joe likes this.
  3. vince

vince Member

I think he’ll get picked up by someone. He’s not the elite prospect of his youth, but I think he can be at least a somewhat average player for someone needing some quality at bats with potential for some power too.

I think he got the lottery with his smarts. He took that gravy deal, which a lot of players criticized him, but he secured a comfortable future for himself and his family; granted if he was careful with his limited wealth.

It’s interesting he’s still chugging along.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

mikol13, Bregatron and Snake Diggit like this.
  7. msn

msn Member

When Wags first hit the ballot I really didn't think he was worthy. The things I've read over the last few years have completely convinced me otherwise. I hope he gets in; I believe he's earned it.

JeeberD and No Worries like this.
  8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's gonna demonstrate how fully healed his arm is by repeatedly punching himself in the face for all those present.

9. awc713

awc713 Member

Jeff Keppinger and Mike Lamb were underrated. Carry on.

msn likes this.
  10. msn

msn Member

Wait, is he a "World Series closer" if he never closed a game in the World Series? How about "World Series Gas Can"?

Charlie Morton and Ryan Pressley are World Series closers.

JeeberD, Bregatron and RunninRaven like this.
  11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This dredges up my frustration with Porter playing Fowler in CF with Marisnick in LF. Granted, Porter didn't do this that often in retrospect.

No Worries likes this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

This era of Astros baseball jogs my memory of Justin Maxwell as well. I found out recently that after baseball he went to dental school and is now an oral surgeon. Way to go man!

JeeberD, No Worries and Joe Joe like this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No Worries likes this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

From an Athletic Interview on Greinke:
    When I was younger, I would watch him on TV. I’m like, “This guy is incredible, future Hall of Famer, I wonder what he does to get ready before a start.” Flash forward. Now I’m his teammate and I’m warming up in the weight room. He comes in with his big, baggy shirt on. He sits down on the ground, pretzel style. Literally crisscross applesauce. He’s just sitting there for a minute. He pulls a banana out of his pocket and starts eating a banana crisscross applesauce on the weight room floor. He drops the banana peel, stands up with a baseball, walks over to the wall and starts slowly throwing a ball off the wall and catching it. I walked out and was like: “So that’s what a Hall of Fame pitcher does before he starts, huh?”

15. SuraGotMadHops

When I was kid growing up in Alief ISD, this was called sitting "Indian style." I assume that's not what they're calling it in schools in these days...

msn, BlindHog and No Worries like this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Same thing. The world has changed. Try to keep up :D

msn likes this.
  17. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Teach your children well. It is important to participate in your children's education. Do not count on the schools to do the job for you. Use the term indian style at every opportunity around your kids, along with any other colloquialisms you remember from your youth least they forget the American experience altogether.

roadtrip and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

“the American experience”. LOL. It is always fun that certain people think that their particular experience is THE American experience.

Self-centered, provincial myopia writ large.

Bregatron, awc713 and jim1961 like this.
  19. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

The American experience is something we all had in common before you pukes came along. Why don't you get off your high horse and Join us? You have always been welcome.

20. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

What a sad life - to genuinely believe “we all” shared one thing and then “you pukes” then came along.

You had an experience. Just you and some people very much like you. Not “we all in common”.

It’s a big world and a big, diverse country … maybe go see some of it, or at least empathize with those who aren’t just like you.

Maybe even climb up on a high horse so you see past the walls you have constructed around your self-image.

Bregatron, awc713 and Snake Diggit like this.