1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget Ming, I want Rasheed Wallace!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, May 29, 2002.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

Ha. You must be a joke. 70 games? get real. The only reason Wallace doesn't dominate more often is because there isn't enough balls to go around with that selfish team in Portland. Head to head, I haven't seen Duncan dominate Wallace, have you? The only reason Duncan dominates sometimes is because he has too. Have you seen his miserable supporting cast? Just look at the startining lineup, everyone's over the hill except Parker. So I wouldn't dare say that Wallace isn't any better than that fake mvp over there in San Antonio. Duncan is the best power forward in the game, don't get me wrong, but he isn't head and shoulder about Wallace.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'd take Wallace, not over Duncan, but I'd take him and take my chances with his attitude. I dont think it will ever happen though.

3. Toast

Toast Member

I really like Mo Taylor, and think he'd have been our 2nd offensive option had he not been injured all season last year.

That said, I'd still like to see the proposed trade for Rasheed happen. We'd be freaking awesome!

4. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I have a question, How old is Sheed? How is his health? Does anyone know?....

Would Portland want to take Rice and Taylor, I mean we dont want them what makes you guys think that anyone else does either?

Thank You

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Gooden may not be the best PF in the draft (although I think he is), but so what? Alonzo Mourning wasn't the best center in his year either, I guess teams should pass him up. If Wilcox and Gooden both turn into all-star or just below all-star players does it mean you don't want either?

Sheed's talent is overrated by many though I agree some underrate his contributions because he acts like a fool so much. Still, Sheed is not a top 3 PF in the league EVEN when he is focused. Duncan and KG without question and Webber also are simply better and more effective players any way you want slice it. Sheed is in the next group with Karl Malone, McDyess, Brand, J. Oneal, Walker, etc. None of these latter guys by themselves are worth this year's #1--which controls who gets the best 2 prospects to come along since Duncan (97). Further, at least with Brand or Oneal you would get youth, health and a relatively composed player--something none of the other 2nd tier (occasional all-star level) PFs offer.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If the Rockets get Wallace, then I'll be a Spurs fan on a Rockets board.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wallace is too darned STUPID to really help the Rockets, we have enough Forrest Gumps on this team, why add another one?

Ming is the thing !!

DaDakota

8. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

THANK YOU SMOKEY.

Jeez! I can't believe how many Rockets fans there are that would willingly accept a punk like Rasheed Wallace on the team.

Hell no. I could not in good conscience root for a team with Wallace on the roster. Period. I don't care if he's better than anyone we've got at the '4'. I don't even care if he'd mean 50 wins and a trip to the playoffs.

I want the team I root for to be a team I can like, and since I loathe Wallace and his childish behavior on and off the court, he's not a player I'd want Houston to even think about acquiring.

I'm really surprised there are so many on this BBS who'd want him.

9. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

How do you figure you shoot threes on offense and block shots on defense as well as rebounding. Rebounding is primarily on defense. And I do think that is they can encourage him to drive the ball more like in college that he will do it. But you know Rudy and his 3 point shooting small forwards. And by the way I think that this guy will end up being a 3. I hope that we do take Ming and atleast try to get Hilario or Stoudamire even though their as crude as unrefined oil and refried beans:p

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Half the players in the NBA are PUNKS. Hakeem was labeled a dirty player and considered by many to be a punk his first few years, look how he turned out. I wouldn't like it but I would still cheer for the Rockets if they added Mike Tyson at Power foward the man is a rapist and convicted felon. No one player would make me stop pulling for my favorite team, one I have loved since 1976. That said I would like players with morals and talent, but given the state of the NBA I'll take just talent if that is what is available (and more often than not it is).

PS Tyson at PF is a JOKE to illustrate my point of no player being greater that the Team. Hell I pulled for a team that included Pippen a player I despised and rightfully so.

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I would trade for Rasheed in a second! I love his game, and his fire (which he has been able to control a lot better this season). Rasheed is a far better player than Garnett, who everyone seems to want, he just needs to get away from Portland.

12. lpbman

lpbman Member

The Malone-Tyson battle would be great

13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

See what I mean, people either 1) way overrate what he can do even when he is focused, or 2) underestimate what he can do on the court because he is a dumb ass.

Truth is he is an occasional all star--but never all NBA caliber superstar--with emotional stability problems. Even if the latter were fixed he would not be a KG, Duncan or Webber, those guys have more oustanding elements to their games that seperate them from the next tier like Sheed, Brand and McDyess.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

We would look a lot like SAC except without the international influence or the savvy center. Plus, Sheed has that grey spot on his head, for no particular reason it's cool.

15. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

You might be the only person in this entire world that would rate Wallace above Garnett.

He has been able to control his temper alot better this year? That is not saying much.

16. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

What do you mean by punks? Rasheed Wallace is worse than your "normal punk" in the NBA. He had 27 technical fouls this year, and holds the record for the most technical fouls in one season. He's a volatile player who can disrupt the whole chemistry on a team.

What facts back up your statement of that half the players in the NBA are punks? Because that's just your opinion...

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

We'd have to buy a padded bench.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Of course "Half the players are punks" is just my opinion. Isn't that what everyone is expressing here is their opinion with occasional stats that back them up? But even with stats its still no better than another opinion, and very rarely a can a clear cut decision be made as to who's opinion is right. My opinion was a gross overstated exageration of the personal problems facing todays NBA and when read in context with the rest of my post I thought that was apparent.

Yes Wallace has had his share of run ins with the refs, and maybe he'd be a disruption in the locker room, but I'll take a player with a passion for the game who can rebound and play defense on this team in a heartbeat.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What a great rebounder --

Career rebounding numbers:

Rasheed Wallace (34 min/g) 6.6
    Kenny Thomas (28 min/g) 6.3
    Maurice Taylor (29 min/g) 5.3
    Maurice Taylor (projected @ 34 min/g) 6.2

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

The career rebounding numbers, in this case, are misleading. Wallace is unquestionably a better rebounder than Taylor.

His bad attitude is too much of a deterrant, though.