1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget Effort The Talent is Not Here Either, Time to Blow it Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Solid and subtle. I think Harden, in the right coaching scheme, could easily score more efficiently and play stellar defense. **** coaching has him worn out physically. But if he can't buy into good disciplined coaching.....

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

There are some good pieces on this team. I would keep Harden, Harrell, Capela, McDaniels, D-Mo, Ariza, Beasley and Beverley. Keep Howard for $15m or less IF the new coach wants him.

We should go after the obvious candidates (like Durant and Horford), but I would also love to pick up any of Joakim Noah, Eric Gordon and/or Kent Bazemore this summer.

The biggest change though will be coaching. We have to make sure we have a coach who knows how to build a team around Harden which helps him score and make plays.

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

They are getting a golden shower is what they are getting.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We cut Demarr Carroll too.

DD

5. ibm

ibm Member

chemistry is the #1 issue imo, caused by you-know-who and you-know-what.

case in point... look at the mavs team. their players average 50 yrs old and they beat okc last night.

6. Houston79Astro

I know people love a clean slate, but this roster isn't stuck by no means. Staying flexible has always been Morey's big plus as a GM. He loves to gamble, but he makes sure he can wiggle out of a bad deal if he needs to.

I truly believe we have some good talent. Bev, Harden, and Ariza should be staples on our team. Some nice role players if used properly Capela, Dmo, KJ, and Beasley (as a backup SF). Of course our team has some dead weight like Brewer and Howard. Granted Howard isn't trash, but his contract and his replacement production do not match. Just look back to last year when we won more games with Joey Dorsey at the 5. :eek:

I'm not into "blow it up city" until Harden is past his prime. I think we need to focus on great coaching then round out the roster with steady talent.

7. dmoneybangbang

And? Shaun Livingston played on 9 different teams since being drafted in '04.

Demarre Carroll has been on 6 total teams since '09.

Come on DD...

1 person likes this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Howard will walk and good riddance. Jones, Dmo, Terry, and Smith are gone. Brewer is traded for cap space. I'd dump Dekker but I don't think you could package him with a pick and give him away. That leaves:

Bev, Harden, KJ, Ariza, Beasley, Harrell, and Capela.

In a perfect world you sign Durant and Horford.

Bev
    Harden/KJ
    Durant/Ariza
    Horford/Beasley
    Capela/Harrell

In a good world you sign Conley and Whiteside.

Conley/Bev
    Harden/KJ
    Ariza
    Beasley/Harrell
    Whiteside/Capela

In a World War Z land of hell we offer max dollars to Harrison Barnes:rolleyes: and we cannot unload Brewer.

Bev
    Harden/KJ
    Ariza/Brewer
    Barnes/Beasley
    Capela/Harrell

I want #1 would be fine with #2 and fully expect #3:(

9. dmoneybangbang

This. We can clear a lot of space if we need to and/or resign some guys. Even Brewer's contract isn't a huge albatross, as some make it out to be, with 2 years @ $7.6mil/year left.

Pretty much this. Our roster can go a lot of ways, but in terms of coaching we need to start clean. We can be right back with homecourt advantage next year with the right changes.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bull****

What's the difference between last year and this year?
    COACHING AND EFFORT

We don't even look like we practiced at all this year
    We won 41 games ON TALENT ALONE

Rocket River

11. lastreg

lastreg Member

any team with no D player as no 1 star won't work. Nobody on the court cares if No1 doesn't play D.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Put Brewer and Smoove on the Warriors and they still probablystart hitting 3's

Rocket River

13. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

All the coaches and players wanted to keep him too... **** Morey.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Give me #2 but instead of Conley get clarkson

15. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

That's Scott "The Answer" Machado to you.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=230822

We've been searching for another answer ever since.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Theres not much to blow up at this point since most of last years assets are free agents.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

been saying this for a while. It is one of the reasons i was so disappointed that we didn't make any big moves at the deadline. We really need to rethink the strategy of building through free agency and trade. Harden is young, let's hit the reset button. I don't see any other serious building blocks on the roster. Also, we need to repair our image with NBA free agents; not sure we are still as desirable of a destination as some in the org, and on this board, think we are.

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

And how many has Scott Machado been on? Pointing out the # of teams doesn't change the fact that they are legit NBA players and Moorley kept "potential" to everyone's detriment yet again (Thomas Robinson anyone?). The guy actually seems to think cap space and flexibility can play minutes.

19. verysimplejason

but the advanced metric says....

20. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

We have the talent. Our personnel just don't fit management's analytical approach to the game of 3's and lay ups. We need to coach to our personnel. Hell JBB would probably coach differently too if the GM wasn't shoving 3's or lay ups only down his throat.