1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget 5 or 15, who do we take at 38?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Matador, May 10, 2002.

1. Matador

Matador Member

According to Real GM we get Miami's second round pick?

I am thinking with Rudy's history on drafting talent late in the draft and with the depth in this class we could get someone good at 38.

NBAdraft.net has us taking Fredrick Jones from Oregon State. Jones's NBA comparison is Jeff Trepagnier, so that doesn't do much for me.

Who would you like to see the Rockets take at 38?

I think a few big name players are still going to be around at 38. Juan Dixon could be a nice 6th man providing the scoring punch off the bench. Other players that might be availible around that time of interest: Casey Jacobson, Steve Logan, Andy Ellis, Tayshaun Prince, Chris Christoffersen, Aaron McGhee.

2. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Member

Whoever the Rockets take in the 2nd round will be predicated by who is taken in the first round and who "slips"into the second round. I'd imagine that if a decent frontcourt player is there the Rockets would take him. Personally, if he is still there I'd like to see Tayshaun Prince or Casey Jacobsen taken by the Rockets. I alos wouldn't be suprised to see a foreign player taken in the second round by the Rockets.

3. GATER

GATER Member

For those who know, does Tayshaun Prince play a lick of defense?

I'm tired of reading about the next Tracy McGrady...how about the next Bruce Bowen or a young Eddie Jones (with a little less "O")? Maybe the second round is a good place to find some D.

4. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I agree. If would way rather have some defense than offense. I would even rather have Artest or Bowen on our team rather than Odom or Lewis.

5. mduke

mduke Member

If we draft Woods or Dunleavy in the first round:
    1- McGhee
    2- Dixon
    3- Prince

If we draft Wilcox or another frontcourt player in the first round:
    1- Dixon
    2- Prince
    3- Jacobsen
    4- Logan

6. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

Dont forget...We also have the 53rd pick in the 2nd Round..if NBAdraft.net is correct....

Who would be your pick??

Since Rudy T. is masterful in finding sleepers in the second round...im intrerested on who he will get....

I'd love for us to get Ryan Humphrey out of Notre Dame...he is currently predicted as the Rockets pick in the second round....last year he was all-conference in the Big East...averaginf 22.8 PPG and 10.8 RPG...the kid works hard and plays tough...the reason for his low draft status is his height...playing power forward he is ony 6'8'', but I think he can be a good contributor off the bench for us...

What do you guys think??

7. junglerules

junglerules Member

i agree...if aaron mcghee is available in the second round, i would love to have him on our team. Very good shooter, even fading away. Solid moves around the basket and a decent rebounder. An ok defensive player from what i've seen, but maybe a bit undersized. I think of maybe a malik rose-type player in mcghee, but i think mcghee has more offensive range.

8. mduke

mduke Member

maybe Humphrey, but he has no offense game outside of 5-7 feet...

9. outlaw

outlaw Member

George Williams?
    Chris Owens?

10. mduke

mduke Member

I would take a chance on Owens at 53, not 38.....

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

AD-AM HALL! AD-AM HALL!

We have to get the Katy boy!!

(I am not saying I want us to draft Adam Hall. I'm just displaying town spirit.)

12. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

Dixon or Yarbrough

13. lpbman

lpbman Member

Frederick Jones and DeAngelo Collins