1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford Or Chevy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mac#5, Jun 22, 2009.

Tags:
?

Are you a Ford or Chevy man (or woman)

1. Ford

45 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Chevy

30 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Simple are you a Ford or a Chevy man.

Personaly im a chevy man you cant go wrong with the new Impala Malibu and most of that brand new Camaro

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Truck wise.....Ford.

But I'm looking to get myself a 2010 Camaro :cool:

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ford -- i've always loved Mustangs.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ford Edge

5. Landlord Landry

oh yes you can......
    [​IMG]

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the Ford Focus.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Isn't Ford the only American auto maker that DIDN'T take any of our tax payer's money?

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Consdering some of the vehicles they've built in the past, some would say they've been taking money from taxpayers for years... ;)

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

ZING!!

LOL.

10. Landlord Landry

signed,

Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

11. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

LOL
    But you cant say Chevy cars and trucks suck because they are very reliable

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ooooh yeah, when I think reliability, I think Chevy.

HUH? lol.

A couple of models that I wouldn't mind buying if the value is there from GM are Buick and Cadillac because they have built fairly reliable models in the past, but generally speaking, the rest of their car lineup has been crap cars with shoddy workmanship. If you don't believe me, listen to the CNBC documentary about GM's downfall where Bob Lutz of GM basically admits that GM had built crappy cars with inferior workmanship/materials for years and gotten away with it.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I have a Ford but Chevy trucks are the best. I know many that have Chevies with 200-400K miles on them with little work on them.

14. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

because that was the market. If people are selling and trading in their cars after 2-3 years why make them last 10? Put that money into making them bigger and more comfortable.

Any car company that wanted to could make a car reliable to warranty to 150K miles right now. What would be the point? It is likely it would cost much more and not bring more market share.

15. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Cadillacs suck they look nice and everything but they are not reliable believe me

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The market has answered that question, now, hasn't it? The documentary also showed actual customers on there saying they were sick of knobs and dials falling off their GM products and that being the reason why they wouldn't buy GM products again. People have been ticked off at the shoddy crap for a while, it's just that up until now "buy American" or "need a ginormous freighter tanker with 4 wheels" superceded sound buying. I still remember during my driver's ed class, we got a piece of crap Camaro with less than 5,000 miles on it from what I recall (low end non-IROC) where we put it into drive and the knob on the shifter popped off.

The market was being bamboozled by "like a rock" and "quality is job 1" BS while having their "buy American!" heartstrings tugged at instead of forcing these carmakers to build better cars.

My last car went to 128k or so with an odometer that died at 90k and was covered by the extended warranty and a starter that died around 110-120k - no other out of warranty repairs were done. My current car is at 119k with no repairs other than the usual maintenance (new tires, brake pads soon, etc). Reliable cars are being built now, but people, like you said, are too busy trading in cars every 3 years to notice or care.... but they're starting to.

17. Landlord Landry

honda? hyundai?

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I own a pontiac vibe. One of the major selling points to me was that it's basically a rebranded matrix for about 5k less dinero. I would not have bought it without the comfort of toyota internals.

My tacoma is indestructible.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What are you basing that on? I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm just curious. I ask because I've seen JD Power, US News, MSN Auto, co-workers, etc. that say Cadillac and their CTS are reliable. I couldn't care less how good a car looks - if it doesn't have a history of reliability, I'm not buying it. If looks were all I cared about, I'd buy an A5 right now. lol.

I'm starting to see GM and Ford wake up in the design department, too, which is nice. I kind of like the bang-for-the-buck in the 2010 Buick Lacrosse and think it looks pretty nice (well, to me, anyway). It's a big step away from the usual grandpa's 20 foot boat-of-a-Buick.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They just announced they're about to stop making the Vibe, too. Of course they're getting rid of Pontiac, so that was inevitable, I guess - something had to go first in the lineup.