1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford back, Braggs waived

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Uprising

Uprising Member

Braggs was decent so far this season but I understand the move considering money. Braggs was not gurranteed a contract, but Meech is. So, obviously Les does not want to pay Meech to sit at home.

2. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

but to pay him to sit on the bench and take up space on the roster? i'm sure with braggs, we wouldn't have to pay him too too much and he has great potentials.
    at least spend a lil more money for a better team..

3. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i really dont see the point in the rockets doing this. braggs was productive.ford on the other hand hasnt played a single nba minute since he was a rookie.

4. aelliott

aelliott Member

Just to be correct, Ford has played in the NBA since his rookie year. Admittedly, he has played very lilttle, but he did play 11 games last season for Phoenix and he's played in 3 this year for Houston.

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Don't like the move.

6. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

6 Foot Nine and 280 with more skills vs 6 foot eight and 240. A good pick up.

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

It aint nice to lose a job by Thanksgiving.

And to think Eddie Griffin is still on the Rockets' roster.

Gee whiz, I hope they find a way get Torraye Braggs back. Although I haven't seen a lot of Braggs on tv, the statistics say that he rebounds when he get minutes.

If Jeff Van Gundy says that changes will continue to be made, will the Rockets get back Braggs by Christmas? Well, Ben Davis and Adrian Griffin still have to be activated from the injured list. So,.....hmmm.....

Who's next?

If just to vent my two cents worth, the Rockets should have waived John Amaechi instead of Torraye Braggs. But since Amaechi has a guaranteed contract, maybe they'll continue signing and waiving somebody until the status of (AWOL) Eddie Griffin will be finally determined.

The question is, when will that be?

Come to think of it, the Rockets have a bunch of forward to back up Jim Jackson - Bostjan Nachbar, Eric Piatkowski, and Adrian Griffin. Does A. Griffin have a guaranteed contract too? Or can he be waived?

8. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Missed Braggs tonight. Always good to have a blue collar type who hustles and doesn't take anything for granted. I hope Alton doesn't make us regret this move.

9. danjojo

danjojo Member

Well, he played a good minute against the Clippers...
    Statline: 1 min 0 0 0 0 0 and 1 PF...

10. ArtV

ArtV Member

And it's threads like these that bring up the fact that we traded Glen Rice in his last year and 1+ 1st round picks for Ameachi? Rice could have ridden the bench and we still be picking in next years draft.

11. speedball

speedball Member

my cousin's girlfriend's uncle works for a guy who has a friend that ate lunch at a table next to a guy that has a nephew that plays highschool basketball with a guy that says he heard someone on a bus say that his dad knows this dude that fixes toilets in the neighborhood where KG grew up, and his brother knows KG's uncle's boss, and he says that rumor is FALSE!:p

12. TheRockets#1fan

This is completely ridiculous. I know that the Rockets are trying to work a trade that would sent Kevin Garnett here in Houston. K.G was very relunctant to sign with the wolves. He was considering testing the free-agency market next year and he was quoted as saying that he is a big fan of Yao and Steve. He was strongly thinking about joining the rockets next year. Only reason he did sign that contract was b/c we could not afford him without going over the luxury tax. Maybe Les Alex will sign him and go over the cap considering that if we have Yao,Steve, and Garnett the Toyota Center would be a guaranteed sell out every year and we would be strong and would win a title easier. Don't be suprised guys.

13. knwldg

knwldg Member

OK, that was the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time......

14. busta_cap

busta_cap Member

Y'know, Braggs is a good hustle guy and is unafraid to mix it up, but in the games this season that I've been able to watch (including live at the Nov. 11th Orlando game), it seems to me that he has a bad tendency to lose the ball out of bounds underneath the basket. Whether he's dribbling it off his foot when making a move or not handling a pass, there seems to be a problem with his ball skills.

Other than that, though, I liked the guy's heart and hustle.

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Member
    Supporting Member

And to think Eddie Griffin is on the suspended list, meaning he has no bearing on the rest of the 15 man roster (active+IR).

Braggs was one of the last picks of the 2nd round in a draft 5 years ago, and just now made it to the NBA. I haven't seen anyone in a rush to pick him up since we waived him. Guys like Braggs are injury insurance, nothing more. I'd much rather use my 3rd string PF roster slot on a guy like Ford who could one day turn into a regular rotation player.

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Braggs played good for us, much like Pig did a while back.

But he was short for a pf, and I trust JVG and co with their decisions on the 3rd string power forward. :D

Good luck to braggs. I'm sure some east team will pick him up as their starting center sooner or later.