1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

for those who hate soccer

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by THE BREESE, Jul 31, 2001.

1. THE BREESE

THE BREESE Member

hey guys

ive been coming to this site for years and have posted before under another name but forgot the name and password so thats why i had to start a new one.

now that i have that out of the way i just want to ask where it is that those of you that say that soccer sucks have formed your opinions from.I would also like to challange you to watch the English Premier league soccer on Fox sports and not enjoy it even a little bit. the soccer in the US is really really bad, MLS is a joke and the US national team is not to much better so i agree watching IT does make it the most boring sport on earth but give it a chance and watch real football. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by THE BREESE (edited July 31, 2001).]

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't like soccer because it is very low scoring, there is minimal contact, and the games can end in a tie. A couple of suggestions, make the field smaller, the net bigger, institute overtime, and allow checking.

------------------
    I cut all the heads off of a Hydra, and all I got was this StupidMoniker.

"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche ~1880

"Nietzshce is dead" - God 1900

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

You are lucky you live in USA. Because any other country would **** you up for saying that. Soccer is the world sport. Its the most played sport in the world. Its hard to play and takes alot of skills. Dont watch USA soccer, because thats p***y **** soccer. I dont even consider USA a team.

Watch European teams. Germany and England, Netherlands. They play some bad ass soccer. English Premiere Leauge is very good to watch. Man United is still the best! [​IMG]

Only in the USA soccer is not important. The rest of the world is Soccer 24/7.

------------------
    "The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex," Ewing said. "I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left."

[This message has been edited by Francis3 (edited July 31, 2001).]

4. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Soccer in Australia has really taken off over the last few years. To me, there are only two reasons to watch a soccer game:
    1. The fans go nuts, and
    2. The acting of the players when they get 'hit' or 'tripped' over. They roll on the ground like they are in real pain. Cool stuff!

Oh, and the only real Football is Aussie Rules!!!!

------------------

Join the above club to get NBA Games put back onto FTA TV in Australia!

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I absolutely hate soccer, although I do watch women's soccer during the Olympics, mainly because there was a lot of good looking women out there.
    But the reasons I hate soccer:
    1. God gave us hands for a purpose.
    2. I don't care abvout scoring, but there aren't many scoring opportunities. I love hockey and although it can be low scoring it has 35-45 shots on goal every game.
    3. Soccer players get hit and lie on the ground, and cry hoping the official will call a penalty. 99% of the time they hop right up and continue playing.
    4. I could care less if the rest of the world loves the sport or not. Does just because other countires have riots during their sporting events mean we should riot during our games?
    I love many sports: Hockey, Baseball, B-ball, football. Soccer just sucks in my opinion. I have turned down tons of tickets to watch the Crew here in COlumbus just because I went to one game and hated it. It's alot like watching a bunch of kids playing hacky-sack. Kick, kick, oops somebody missed it. Pick it up and kick it again, bounce it off your head, off your thigh, wow this is exciting!

6. davo

davo Contributing Member

I'm glad you said that Francis3.

In 2000, England was ranked 17th in the world in Soccer - just one behind the USA at 16!
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world/stats/2000/stats.fifarank.html

Seriously though - soccer doesn't suck, but its hard to understand why it is so popular. It can be entertaining to watch at the highest level, but 0-0 and 1-1 ties are just not fun.

getsmartnow - only a priveledged few of us know that Aussie rules is the best!

------------------
    God help me, ...I was only nineteen.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

[This message has been edited by davo (edited July 31, 2001).]

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I haven't figured out why soccer is so popular, either. It bores the hell out of me. People kicking the ball back and forth... takes them several seconds to get to one side, only to have the ball go back the other way... then back the other way... and no scoring in between, just incessant running and kicking... blah. Every now-and-then you get to see fans kill each other which is always a plus because you hope it reduces the chances of breeding more idiots from the human genome. There's probably more action in the stands than there is on the field. [​IMG]

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather watch a baseball game than a soccer game.

------------------
    "Colson makes a mockery of the PG position. It's like he's out there playing 1 on 9." -- pippendagimp with some candid player evaluations.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Ya know why Americans don't like soccer?? Because Europeans DO like it! Heck, anything that the FRENCH enjoy can't be that good, right? [​IMG]

This may sound weird, but one sport I like watching is Sumo Wrestling. Very entertaining, and those guys are pretty quick and agile for their immense size. If you can stand listening to Jack Edwards, Sumo Digest on ESPN, is a cool show, albeit a bit watered down.

------------------
    Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z
    Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

9. davo

davo Contributing Member

You're right. That does sound weird.

------------------
    God help me, ...I was only nineteen.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

[This message has been edited by davo (edited July 31, 2001).]

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Dont even look at the rankings. ****en ****s put USA in soccer rankings. Thats a joke, USA has a peice of **** team.

------------------
    "The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex," Ewing said. "I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left."

11. THE BREESE

THE BREESE Member

I was born in scotland and and went to a lot of rangers, aberdeen, and celtic games I also went to england to watch premeir league games with MAN U and Liverpool. The fans at those games are amazing and you just get chills being there. Its not just the fans but soccer played right is just awesome to watch.

------------------